Brooke Needs Prayers, Again!

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry to hear this :grouphug I believe the drug Janet is referring to is... Aminocaproic acid

Sending lots of prayers!

Denise, I am so sorry. Don't ever second guess yourself. Whatever decision you make is the right one. I went through this with our first grey, K.C., who had osteo. It was her front left leg and she was 12, and she did wonderfully.

It's a long haul, but you are strong and so is Brooke, and the pain will go away which is the most important thing.

I'll be saying prayers for both you and Brooke. I wish we lived closer. You need all the support you can get and that is why this board is so important in times like this. Will be waiting for hopeful news on Monday evening.

God Bless.

:hope:hope:hope:bighug:bighug:bighug

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

aw geez, Denise!!!! :( :( :(

sending MANY, MANY hugs and prayers yours and Brooke's way!!!!

if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh Denise, I am so sorry. Be strong for Brooke. We are all here for you.

hugs, Robin

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest 4baddogs

I've never had the option to amputate for osteo and wish I had. My decisions were always made for me right then and there. :(

I think you're making the right decision.

Brooke, her doctors and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I too would have selected that option.

Sending lots of good thoughts for you and for Brooke :grouphug

Edit - are they going to do a biopsy after surgery, to rule out any cancer?

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

More good thoughts for Monday's appointment. I hope Brooke comes out of it well and that the healing can begin. You will be surprise how she copes even with a slight limp in the front.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I too would have selected that option.

Sending lots of good thoughts for you and for Brooke :grouphug

Edit - are they going to do a biopsy after surgery, to rule out any cancer?

I'm going to "tell" the doctor to send her leg out for pathology testing. I need to know if there's a reason for all of this.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11