Deuce Update

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez... I'm sorry for your news. Hoping you have much more quality time with your sweetie and that he continues to feel good and love life to the fullest. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am sorry. Here's hoping there are many days to come that you and Deuce can be together, loving every minute of it. Our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm sorry. Enjoy every minute that you have with him and remember that he lives in the moment and every moment he has with you is what he lives for (did that make sense?). I met him once at GiG so I know that he'll live on in your memories forever because I can't forget him and I only spent a few minutes with him.

Hugs

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest K9_Lady

Shelby, I am so sorry to read this. Enjoy every moment with Deuce, he is a special boy. Hugs to you and your wonderful Family and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Gentle hugs to Deuce.

Guest TBSFlame
:grouphug

I know about picking three things he loves and once he doesn't enjoy doing those things it is time,

I don't like that statement at all :) Remember, the things he loves will most likely change, if they haven't already. It does for all of us as we get older and infirm. What is more important, is if he is loving life. I've seen them happy to lay on a dog bed and receive pets and food, obviously loving life, taking it all in. Some don't mind help going out, some hate it. Some can fall in a pile of poop and jump up with a smile on their face and run around the yard. Some are humilated. They are all different and I know you know your boy.

I trust you will know when he is no longer loving life and when it is time. I am sad for you & the family as I know what you are going through. Enjoy every moment. Eat lots of ice cream together!

I agree. Each dog is different. As long as you can keep the pain under control.

oh no :cry1 :cry1

sending many hugs and prayers during this difficult time :grouphug :grouphug :candle :candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh No Shelby....I have been out of town and just getting caught up on things.

Big hugs for Deuce and you and your family!!

:bighug

Edited by greysandmollie

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Thinking of you both and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest boondog

Oh, Shelby. I'm just now seeing this. I was thinking of your family and Deuce today because we finally got frames for the wonderful caricatures your DH drew of our pups in Louisville. Please know you and Deuce are in my prayers. :grouphug

I am so sorry. Sending prayers that this mass does not bother Deuce or slow him down for a LONG LONG time. :grouphug

I most certainly second that.....

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I really need to get pics posted of him, I know. But I wanted to tell everyone that prayer does wonders. He is really doing so well. Since we have been back from OSU in fact he has actually been a little more active than normal. He usually spends a lot of time in my bedroom, even if nobody else is in there. But lately he has been where ever we are. Smiling at me and wanting treats, treats and more treats and then yesterday somebody really answered his prayers. He got a package in the mail from the Burpdog company from his Secret Santa. I couldn't believe it, he couldn't believe it. He LOVES burpdogs.

Sending lots of prayers for Deuce, I am so very sorry. :grouphug But it sounds like you are enjoying every minute with him, be selfish and love that boy to death. It is time to spoil him rotten and it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. I am also sorry that I am just now seeing this post. Lots of Hugs and a big kiss for Deuce. :kiss2 :kiss2 :bighug :bighug :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest onefloppyear

Best wishes to you and Deuce. Enjoy every minute you have with him. While I am sorry you are going through this, he is lucky to have you and to be so loved.