Hello From North Pole Alaska

Guest stezell

Greetings from North Pole, Alaska. We just heard about GT from a local foster Mom (Thanks Jeannette). We have 2 greys; Rosie she is 11 yrs old and Raider is 9 yrs old. We are considering adopting a 3rd grey. They are addictive! We are both active duty Air Force stationed up at Eielson AFB...bbrrrrrrr.....cold. After looking at GT looks like a lot of neat stories and good advice. I apologize if this does not come out right. I am still learning this chat stuff.. Tricia

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytkidsmom

Welcome from Southwest Virginia!

We have been to North Pole. It was summer though.

Beautiful country but I don't think I could handle the winters.

Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby ;)

Edited by greytkidsmom

Ha! You made it!!! Welcome aboard! Tricia, her wonderful DH, and her lovely hounds all came over to meet Toby and have a play date with the pack this last weekend. I've been VERY slow getting the pictures off my camera and uploaded (software issues), but I'll get them up soon. In the meantime, here are a couple pics of the lovely boy they are considering:

Toby aka Husker Iamtheone

Toby002-1.jpg

Toby005-2.jpg

Ha! You made it!!! Welcome aboard! Tricia, her wonderful DH, and her lovely hounds all came over to meet Toby and have a play date with the pack this last weekend. I've been VERY slow getting the pictures off my camera and uploaded (software issues), but I'll get them up soon. In the meantime, here are a couple pics of the lovely boy they are considering:

Toby aka Husker Iamtheone

Toby002-1.jpg

Toby005-2.jpg

WOW. this boy has been from Florida and going to Alaska!? Who says greyhounds aren't resilient!?

Congrats and welcome!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

WOW. this boy has been from Florida and going to Alaska!? Who says greyhounds aren't resilient!?

Congrats and welcome!

Yep. Well, he's already in Alaska. He's been here for at least three years so he's already acclimated, and like most Alaskans he thinks anything over 70 degrees is too hot :lol .

The first winter was pretty tough especially since our winters get as cold as -50 below. They get all bundled up with their coat and booties. No fooling around in the winter. They are probably quicker now than at the track. This is our last winter in Alaska and hopefully we can get down to the southeast next summer.