Hello From North Pole Alaska

Guest stezell

Welcome to the board :colgate

So is Santa your neighbor??? :xmas

:lol

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't laugh, but actually Santa Claus house is only a few blocks away. He even has his reindeer outside. It is always crowded with tourists in the summertime. Mr. and Mrs. Claus can be found taking pictures with anyone. The whole store is full of Christmas gifts from the North Pole; ornaments, t-shirts, and all sorts of gifts.

OMG!!! :lol You HAVE to post pictures!!!!! :colgate That is so cool!!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Once I can figure out how to post pictures I will try. Next to Santa's house is Santa's RV park. It is always full of touring RV's in the summer. After labor day everyone and I mean all the tourists leave. Our town North Pole is always decorated with Christmas ornamants on top of the street lights and the light posts are painted like red and white candy canes. Anyone may request the post office to specially stamp Christmas cards with the official "North Pole, Alaska" stamp.

Guest AzLazyHounds

Welcome from Arizona, It was triple digits today & one of my bucket list dreams is to get back to Alaska. GO AIR FORCE. You will love this site! I am new also and found this site doing research.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Don't laugh, but actually Santa Claus house is only a few blocks away. He even has his reindeer outside. It is always crowded with tourists in the summertime. Mr. and Mrs. Claus can be found taking pictures with anyone. The whole store is full of Christmas gifts from the North Pole; ornaments, t-shirts, and all sorts of gifts.

Oh ma GAWD, I want to go!!! :lol I would revert back to my five-year-old self if I lived near there... (not that I don't do that already sometimes!)

WELCOME TO GT! Can't wait to see pics of your hounds... and your surroundings, if you have a chance to post them all. Alaska fascinates me. I've always wanted to visit.

:)

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!

I love the picture of your maybe 3rd hound!

(Any hound named Toby is a winner as far as I'm concerned! :lol)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome to Greytalk. I too have visited North Pole, my son is also Air Force and stationed at Ellsworth in Anchorage. I visited this summer but did not get up north this time. 3 years ago we stayed at Eilsen for a few days so we could do the sightseeing. (Denali etc) Visited the Christmas store at North Pole also went to a great swimming place natural hot springs. They were hot too.

Make a fast friend adopt a greyhound

springflat.jpg

Guest VaGreymom

:wave

Welcome from Virginia. That is so neat that Santa's house is just down the street. I love the decorations at Christmas time, your town must be just beautiful. Once you learn how to post pictures, please do. Living so close to Santa's house gives the phrase "You better be good Santa is watching". LOL. I have never been to Alaska and have always wanted to go, I hear it is quite beautiful. I just can't imagine the winters.

Guest vahoundlover

Oh ma GAWD, I want to go!!! :lol I would revert back to my five-year-old self if I lived near there... (not that I don't do that already sometimes!)

WELCOME TO GT! Can't wait to see pics of your hounds... and your surroundings, if you have a chance to post them all. Alaska fascinates me. I've always wanted to visit.

:)

Just like in the movies? :blush:lol I would LOVE that!

Posting pics is easy if you use Photobucket....there is a pinned thread at the top of C&F???? That tells you how to do it.

Welcome to GT!!

Guest BroccsMom

Welcome from Wisconsin! I grew up in Eielson! :) Fantastic place, I want to move back! I met my first greyhound in Alaska actually. Be sure to post more pictures!