Billy Is Having An Ultrasound

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

I just scheduled an abdominal ultrasound for Billy for Friday. He is being treated for pancreatitis and has been on antibiotics since Saturday. He still has really bad diarrhea and seems to be eating less and less everyday. This morning he looked at me, looked at his food, looked at me again and then let one of the other dogs come over and start eating his food. This is NOT like Billy at all. He used to love to eat and he would never let one of the other hounds approach his food dish. I am so nervous about the ultrasound but I need to know what is going on with him. I am so afaid that they are going to find a malignant mass. I know I worry way too much but I can't help it. Please send good thoughts for Billy.

I haven't read back or anything, but have you tried giving him some pepcid...sometimes antibiotics upset their stomachs...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Your poor fella... :( Hoping the ultrasound is useful and that Billy's health improves soon! :getwell:hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest houndlover
I just read your post in another thread that Billy ate the Hills ID. That's great :yay:yay

Yes it is good news. My friend came to drop off the food and we opened a can and when he ate it we made a huge deal out of it.

I can't stop thinking about the ultrasound though and what they might find. I keep thinking of how I will react if they tell me that it is cancer and what my options might be and what I would be willing to put him through. Ughhh....I hate worrying so much.

I just read your post in another thread that Billy ate the Hills ID. That's great :yay:yay

Yes it is good news. My friend came to drop off the food and we opened a can and when he ate it we made a huge deal out of it.

I can't stop thinking about the ultrasound though and what they might find. I keep thinking of how I will react if they tell me that it is cancer and what my options might be and what I would be willing to put him through. Ughhh....I hate worrying so much.

I know exactly what you mean, the worry weighs heavy! Part of loving them as we do I guess. Lots of prayers coming your way

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest houndlover

The vet office called and has to reschedule Billy's ultrasound. :angry: Not sure when I will be able to reschedule right now b/c of work. I had most of this week off that's why I did it now. I probably won't be able to get him in until the week after next as of right now. On a good note, he is eating better. The canned I/D seems to be something he really likes (although my pocketbook doesn't like it!). I will start a new thread when I reschedule his appt. Thanks for all of the good thoughts.

Glad to hear he's eating better. :yay Will keep the prayers and good thoughts flowing to Billy. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LadyChester

Keep eating, Billy :yay Hoping you can get him in for the ultrasound sooner. Perhaps if you explain that with taking time off you won't be able to get him in for a couple of weeks. maybe they can find a way to squeeze you in. Sure hope so!

Edited by LadyChester

Sending more prayers. :grouphug Keep eating sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jurishound

Michelle - We have gotten same day ultrasound appointments at the Mass. Veterinary Referral Hospital in Woburn - and they have an excellent radiologist there. You may want to check in with them.