Sunny's Forever Home (the High Desert Rescue)

Guest RainShine

Guest RainShine

I want to thank all of you for your support in helping Sunny pull through the hard times and especially to Jeanne a true Angel for saving his life, taking such great care of him and allowing me to have him! Sunny is truly an amazing boy and I can’t believe anyone would ever give him up. I’m sure it was meant to be so that he could find his path to me! He sure has enriched my life and I will do the same for him.

His leg is healing wonderfully, he loves long walks in the mountains of Griffith Park in Los Feliz, California. It seems that he could go on forever! The Coyotes, Deer, Horses and Squirrels just seem to coexist with us as he doesn’t even pay attention to them. Sunny gets a lot of attention, he is a beautiful white & fawn boy and wants everyone and everything to stop and say hello to him. He gets along wonderfully with his buddies at home, one kitty and a Jack Russell Terrier. He’s so smart, loving and just pretty much perfect! I must say that Jeanne had a lot to do with that as well.

Thank you so much Jeanne and everyone out there for your kind words and encouragement.

OMG...you're on here. That's GREAT!! And yes, Jeane's little "noodle" is something isin't he? I am so thrilled he's in his forever home.Sunny came from a ranch so many other animals would not be odd for him to see or be around. Thanks for joining GT and I sure hope to see pictures of Sunny soon. And lots of pictures. He is one very special boy. Please give him a very big hug from us here in the desert!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Hooray! You're finally on Greytalk! :couchjump:yay Here's a few recent pics of Sunny in his new home, and with his momma on the awesome rainforest walk. :) Sending more kisses to your sweet boy. :kiss2

Sunny, snug as a bug in bed. :wub:

Sunny_in_bedJPG.JPG

Sunny and his new momma :heart

Sunny_Lauren.JPG

The rainforest walk

rainforest_walkJPG.JPG

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

YIPPEE!!!! I am glad you have Sunny in your home and are now a member of Greytalk! There are lots of greys in your area. Some of which are also on GT.

What a happy ending to his rescue. He has a lot of fans on GT! Enjoy him and take lots of pictures to post!

The Girls

I am soooo happy to hear that Sunny is doing well and has a great home. It sounds like he's close to where I live, if Carl and I are lucky, maybe we'll run into you some day! He has such a sweet face, it sounds like his name matches his personality.

Congratulations to you, Sunny and many thanks to all those involved in helping him find his forever home!!!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest greydogluvr

Yeah! What a journey he has had. He looks wonderful. I have been thinking about him lately and am so glad we will continue to hear about him on GT. What a lucky boy to have so many who care so much about him. Big hugs and kisses to your sweet boy :heart

BTW I got to meet Jeanne on a search this summer and agree that she is truly and angel.

Edited by greydogluvr

Congratulations and I am so happy you got this boy, wishing you all lots of happiness!!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest RainShine
I am soooo happy to hear that Sunny is doing well and has a great home. It sounds like he's close to where I live, if Carl and I are lucky, maybe we'll run into you some day! He has such a sweet face, it sounds like his name matches his personality.

Congratulations to you, Sunny and many thanks to all those involved in helping him find his forever home!!!

If your close we should meet up sometime and walk the hounds together! I usually go to Griffith Park in the early evening or shorter walks at Ferndell in Griffith Park in the afternoon. Or.., maybe you have another suggestion?

Congratulations on you and Sunny finding each other! He looks very happy and healthy.

Welcome to GT - lots of wonderful people and greyt information here! Enjoy!! :wave

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

He looks gorgeous and very happy.

I have a white and fawn boy called Sunny too!

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:welcome Hi and welcome to GT! I'm so glad you joined......there were quite a few of us following Sunny's journey and we hoped to be able to see how well he was doing in his forever home. He is one handsome boy!! :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

If your close we should meet up sometime and walk the hounds together! I usually go to Griffith Park in the early evening or shorter walks at Ferndell in Griffith Park in the afternoon. Or.., maybe you have another suggestion?

I live 1/2 block from Elysian Park, so Carl and I usually go on a very utilitarian walk there every morning. As much as I love some of the trails in Elysian Park, there are many many many off leash dogs, so I limit the trails we travel. I'd love to meet up and go on the jungle walk in your pictures! Is that in the Ferndell? I have Fridays off, so maybe we could go some morning or late afternoon (Carl isn't supposed to be out from 10 - 3 because of his Pannus and he really really hates to wear the Doggles). Let's do it!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest RainShine

That sounds great! Sunny will be so happy to have some Greyhound walking buddies! Sorry it took so long for a reply but I haven't quite figuered out this whole "Grey Talk" thing. Yes, it's Ferndell and late afternoon would be great. I don't have a regular Friday schedule so I'm off quite a lot. Maybe it's easier to e-mail me at this address lalagargano at yahoo dot com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I live 1/2 block from Elysian Park, so Carl and I usually go on a very utilitarian walk there every morning. As much as I love some of the trails in Elysian Park, there are many many many off leash dogs, so I limit the trails we travel. I'd love to meet up and go on the jungle walk in your pictures! Is that in the Ferndell? I have Fridays off, so maybe we could go some morning or late afternoon (Carl isn't supposed to be out from 10 - 3 because of his Pannus and he really really hates to wear the Doggles). Let's do it!

Connie, I am soooooooooo jealous!! Sunny is amazing, and so is Carl so they should be good buds! I hope you two can work out a schedule to get together.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest RainShine

You are also welcome to join us?

Connie, I am soooooooooo jealous!! Sunny is amazing, and so is Carl so they should be good buds! I hope you two can work out a schedule to get together.