Rusty

nyGreys

One year ago, you left for your journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

My heart was shattered into a million pieces. :brokenheart

I still don't understand why God took you away from us, you were way to young. :sad1

You took whatever life threw at you, & never complained.

You were always there for me, but I feel I failed you when you needed me most.

I am so sorry my sweet boy. :weep

You were my earth angel, now you're heaven's angel.

Maybe that's why God took you, because you were an angel.

We miss you so much, but we know God's taking very good care of you.

I know how much you loved playing so I'm sure you're

running in the fields with all the other angels up there.

We miss you so much baby & we will Never forget the joy you brought to

out lives. :cry1 Until we meet again.

Love & kisses, :heart:kiss2:heart

Mommy, Daddy, Mindy, Abby, & ArchE.

Rusty_by_moonlight.jpg

Rusty_in_tree_2_.jpg

My_special_boy_5_2_07.jpg

Rusty

Edited by nyGreys

Oh my sweet friend Dee...I remember this day as if it was now. I just sat & cried & cried when I read your post.

As close as I am with God, I too don't understand why He takes them away from us other than that their little spirits are needed else where. He knows that we have learned so much from them and now its time for them to go help someone else.

When they leave, they keep that door cracked open for another to come in & teach us more & in this case, He sent ArchE.

I find comfort in knowing that when Rusty got there, Pegasus had been there almost a year & helped him to find all the greyt places to nap. Then when Dear got there in January, I knew that Rusty & Pegasus were there to meet him.

No matter how long it has been, its always going to be a mournful day, even when we try to celebrate the life & love of these sweet pups.

Your friend

Hilda

Wolf was a beauty, rest well and run with all the other Greys waiting at the bridge.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Dee, I could never believe that you failed Rusty and I know he never felt you did.. You were the Best Mommy!!!!! One day you will meet again, it is so hard and I know you feel cheated, it is never easy to say goodbye. Their is never a right time,, we never have enough time, they are our babies and we love them with our whole hearts, I am so sorry but know I am thinking about you today and I wish I was closer I would give you a HUGE hug and maybe do something with you in the memory of Rusty. But since I can't I am sending you HUGE cyder hugs!!!!! Please do something for you and Rusty today he would want mommy to be happy, and your tribute is Beautiful. :kiss2:bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest FrostyBottoms

Dee, what a beautiful video tribute you put together for your Heart Dog. He was a big gorgeous guy. I know you loved him more than anything and you DID NOT fail him.

:bighug

~Jeannie

Oh Rusty...you are so loved and missed. You and Beanie send Mommy some beautiful Rainbows ok?

My thoughts are with you Dee. Your boys have always held a very special place in my heart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:brokenheart What a handsome boy. My heart breaks to read that you feel that you failed Rusty.He must have a very special job to have left so young. May the angels keep him tucked in their arms. Dee, we're thinking about you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest HoustonGreys

My Dear friend, Dee,

Your tribute to Rusty was so beautiful and so obviously filled with such love. I'm going to watch it again later tonight because my eyes are already swollen and I can hardly see to type. I want you to know I do NOT believe for a minute you ever failed Rusty and I know in my heart he doesn't want you to think so. I am posting something for you, you may have seen it before but it's beautiful and I was saving it for this very sad day for you. I hope it brings you comfort.

Many hugs,

Jackie

A LETTER FROM YOUR PET IN HEAVEN

To my dearest family, some things I’d like to say.

But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.

I’m writing this from the Bridge. Here I dwell with God above.

Here there’s no more tears of sadness. Here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy just because I’m out of sight.

Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.

That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,

God picked me up and hugged me and He said, “I welcome you.

It’s good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone.

As for your dearest family, they’ll be here later on.”

God gave me a list of things that he wished for me to do.

And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.

And when you lie in bed at night the day’s chores put to flight,

God and I are closest to you…in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years,

Because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain.

Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.

If I were to tell you, you wouldn’t understand.

But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o’er.

I’m closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;

But together we can do it by taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy and I’d like to for you too;

That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody who’s in sorrow and pain;

Then you can say to God at night…”My day was not in vain.”

And now I am contented…that my life was worthwhile.

Knowing as I passed along I made somebody smile.

God says: “If you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low;

Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.

When you’re walking down the street with me on your mind;

I’m walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.”

“And when it’s time for you to go…from that body to be free,

Remember you’re not going…you’re coming here to me.”

Guest ShelbyzMom

oh my friend Dee, I know you are hurting today and I hurt with you :bighug You & Steve are in my thoughts today. Please know that you did NOT fail Rusty in any way. He had a wonderful, loving home and he left knowing he was loved. I'm sure that's all he ever wanted.

If you don't feel like chatting today, it's ok I understand :grouphug:) Check in with me when you are up to it.

Guest BlackandBrindle

No one could have loved Rusty more than you did. You gave that precious boy a wonderful life and in no way did you fail him. Don't ever think that :grouphug

Oh, Dee, now I'm crying too. I didn't know Rusty, but your love for him shines through in every word. What a stunningly beautiful boy he was! Your video brought more tears, but smiles as well, especially the pictures of him and his little Boston buddy. It's easy to see how happy he was, and that he was exactly where he was meant to be.

I know how hard these anniversary days are. Time seems insignificant, and the pain is as fresh as if it were yesterday. But if you can remember him with all the joy that you brought to each other, I believe you will truly feel his spirit close to you today.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FullMetalFrank

It is unbelievable that it has been a whole year... Rusty was such a lovely boy, and your love for him so obvious in your posts. He is missed...