Meer, My Cat

Forevermybabies

I got Meer, along with her sister and Mom, in 1988. The kittens were tiny and still nursing. (Rescued from the Humane Society.)

Anyway, last night she had three seizures...bad ones. And this morning I made the decision to let her go. I was supposed to go do something with my friend Ron, so I called him and left a message saying what was going on. He called me when I was almost to the vet, and said to wait for him. So he and I were with her when she went. There's a grassy field across the drive from the vet office. We were out there. The vet was nice enough to come out and sit with us in the field so we didn't have to go into the office.

My baby girl Meer. 1988-2008

301575849.jpg

Meer joins her best friend Jezebel, who died in 2006.

Meer and Jezebel - together again.

169118376.jpg

169115543.jpg

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, Tami, I am so sorry. Godspeed, Meer! Go and join my kitties and all the others up there at the bridge, chasing butterflies and dust bunnies...

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. I am sure that there was a beautiful reunion at the Bridge. My deepest sympathy. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I got Meer when Jezebel was about a year and a half old. Jezebel was VERY depressed because her best friend had died. Meer and her sister were still nursing. All three (two kittens and Mom) had worms and were underweight. They were scheduled to be euthanized that night at the HS. So I took them all. We weaned the babies after a few weeks, and I rehomed the mom and other baby, and kept Meer.

She and Jezebel grew up together and were inseparable. Meer never really got over losing Jezebel. (I don't know if any of us did...Jezebel was one in a million.)

I believe they are together again. Jezebel happily meeting Meer and Meer getting her "Mom" back after two lonely years.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I can just *see* the sweet reunion at the Bridge of Meer and Jezebel (who is the image of my Angel Ashes, btw). Hugs to you--it hurts so much to do the right thing!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Oh, I am so sorry. I know that my Sasha & Blue (kitties) have welcomed her into their magical rainbow bridge kingdom.

God Speed Meer.

ETA- your vet sounds like one in a million.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So sorry, my deepest sympathy

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten