Meer, My Cat

Forevermybabies

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest fatesrelease

I was born in 1988. So, that means Meer lived a long and happy life. I am sorry she had to go, but I'm sure she is in kitty heaven with Jezebel. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of grieving.

{{{{{{{{{{Tami}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry. She saw you through a lot of life, didn't she?

Godspeed, prettiest little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, Tam, I'm so sorry. Meer is in good company - my kitty angels Bootsy, Fred, Wilma, Kitty, Beau, OJ, Squeak, Alex, and Tammy will show her the ropes along with her best pal who was waiting for her..

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I'm so sorry, Tami. I have often seen you write about Meer here with affection.

All our sympathy to you and the kids :f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I was digging through my blog today, and found a couple of entries about Meer from 2007:

Ode to a Very Old Cat

She makes a litterbox under my bed

And meows incessantly at nothing

Her cold nose nudges my arm

Little wet moments on my skin

Her name means peace

Though she won't let anyone have

No even a little piece

Tiny girl with the kink in her tail

Little grey orphan

Meer

August 10, 2007

The unmown grass is so long and dry that it lies flat in long paths where the kids and I have walked. Tonight it scribes the circumference of the sprinkler's watery darkness. The weight of the water will no doubt keep it down until it succumbs entirely into a narrow rug. The rug will cushion our steps as we walk from the house to the car in the morning, but we won't notice it at all then as we hasten to begin the morning commute. That is the way of the world.

The cat is here on the bed next to me as I write. She's old and her fur sticks up in clumps. I can see the striations of her fur. They look like feathers as they get lighter and lighter from the tip to the body. She's nineteen now and has the slender unsteadiness of old age upon her. Brittle as a grandmother and just as verbose. Her voice now is used more often than ever in her life before. As if she's just now realizing how much is left unsaid that needs - urgently - to be taught. I've known her since she was just a few weeks old and her silence was in exact proportion to Jezebel's loudness. (Jezebel was her older, noisier mentor into cathood - or catdom, perhaps.)

After Jezebel died, the small voice grew louder and more insistent until now, when sometimes I find myself shouting the unimaginable, "SHUT UP!" at this small grey cat who didn't even discover her voice at all until she was eight.

But now, more than eleven (nearly twelve!) years later, she has explored its many uses and volumes. Usually this occurs in the wee hours of the morning. The quietude of the household seems to make the insistent meows all the more satisfying for her. The meek shall inherit the earth. I'm sure Meer - a former peer - will wish them well.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

:cry1f_yellow I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Meer. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound