The Queen

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

Everytime I see the words, "The Queen", I miss my girl, the tears have not stopped, :weep she was a True Queen, ruling the world so well, with her iron paw, and velvet gentleness. In my heart and soul there will only be one Queen. Am I crazy for still missing her so?? When I see these words, my heart skips a beat thinking I will go home to her wiggling her way through the boys to greet me.

What I would not give for one more day with her. BarbieJade, I love you and miss you so much. :weep

Guest redreed

The pain never really goes away, but it does change over time into something sort of bearable. I understand though, there are still some days I think I see Tiger Shark running across the yard.

Sending you zen hugs and lots of good thoughts.

:bighug:bighug:bighug

I can understand the pain don't go away but it because bearable and you are able to talk about memories, I can't wait till the day comes that I can see them again. God Bless and lots of hugs!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

It is so, so hard.

Our whippet went to the Bridge 2 weeks ago and I am having a hard time because I will see the tiniest of his little white hairs on clothes that I pull out of the closet, or on seat cushions, wherever...and there's our baby. Then come the tears. Yesterday afternoon I was really missing him so I sat in his favorite spot on the porch swing and swung for a while. I had not been able to bring myself to sit there since the day he had passed, because we'd spent his last hours rocking in his favorite spot.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greydogluvr

You are not crazy. This is a testament to the the power of greyhound devotion. How lucky we are to have such wonderful creatures in our lives. The time we have with them is never enough. :bighug

Edited by greydogluvr

you are not crazy you loved her and a part of your heart went with her when she passed. You have memories that will keep you going and as I do when I think of my Bridge Angels you will cry as I am doing now. I just posted this for Cuffy and I hope it will help ease the pain.

Golden Memories

They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.

I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.

A million times I cried.

If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.

In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.

If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.

I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.

But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.

Author Unknown

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest GRYSREST

OH MY GOODNESS, I am so sorry for your loss. :weep :weep :weep I know I haven't been in contact much but I feel for you deep in my heart :brokenheart:bighug

Guest greytmonty

She was and is THE ONLY queen! Remember when Gil was going to the Kentucky Derby and he said he was going to see The Queen there and a bunch of us thought that meant you and Barbie Jade were going? :lol

She was the best!

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

It's the same for me with Gino when I hear "King" (people were kind enough to "crown" him a King on the Dewey RTB board way back when...) So I more than understand. Sending you big hugs.

:grouphug

Guest HoustonGreys
:f_pink You are not crazy --- it's a mother's love --- forever with her babies. I think in time the pain may not be as sharp or as often but still always there. :grouphug

Guest derfaroo

We know how your heart hurts. Tim put it in good perspective last night as we were awaiting Anna's arrival. Your parents die when they are 90...and you cry for a day or two. Your greyhound leaves...and God knows when you'll stop mourning. They live with us every day. They give so much love. I just know that it will get easier for Us...and YOU. It just takes a lot of time. And... it's so good to hear the support of those on GT who understand...It wasn't just a dog. It was family. Our prayers to you.