Conner Is

Guest koolaidnconner

Prayers and good thoughts for Connor to heal.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest koolaidnconner

Well we just got back and we have good news. We never did the ultra sound because the doc did another set of xrays and he said they came out looking good, if something did not look right he would have done the ultra sound. He wants Conner on inflammatories and steriods for his IBD, he said he really thinks the cause of his crying and yelping is inflammation, so he is calling Conners regular vet to discuss this and she should call me today.

He told me that some dogs can get weened off of the drugs, Conner probbaly wont be. We have weened him off of his other drugs and he just isn't doing well with out. We will have to watch the little monster very closely as he loves to try and steal the other dogs food and get garbage if he has a chance. So here we go again with more drugs, hopefully this does the trick.... :bounce1

Sending prayers that this is the answer. Please update us as you can and kiss Conner for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest IrskasMom

Maybe some extra Hugs , Kisses and Prayers will do the Trick for Conner :grouphug:kiss2:hope:grouphug:kiss2:hope:dogcookie

Edited by IrskasMom

Who did you see Amanda?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner
Who did you see Amanda?

Dr. Cramer, I believe his name is at St Vital Animal hospital. His first name is Tim.

Guest koolaidnconner

So since we gave him the Medicam he had been doing well, we finished that on Monday. Tuesday was good, Wednesday seem good, This morning another story, Jamie just patted his side and he literally yelped 4x in a row and his body went in to a U shape, I had never seen him do this before. When he was finished we went over and started rubbing very gently under his jaw and he screamed bloody murder again......

I talked to the doctor last night and since Conner was doing really well those few days she thought that we should see if he would continue with no drugs.....Obviously not!....Off to get the drugs today....I think it will be the only way to go with him.....The doctors can't seem to find anything else wrong but him having IBD.....We sometimes think maybe we have Conman instead of Conner.... :D

I agree, if the meds help, go for it. Is there serious side effects for long term use? We are keeping you in our thoughts. Doesn't the screaming just rattle you all the way to the bone?!?!? Shanti is a dramatic one too. The vets laugh, "this one has gone to drama school look out". :) But when they really hurt, it crushes you.

Hang in there. Hopefully the meds will kick in fast! IIRC, there is a generic Metacam at Walmart much cheaper. Someone posted on it a while back. Might be worth a quick investigation. I am all about saving where I can. :D

The Girls

Conner, Misty, Ekko and Wayne said that you HAVE to get better. We have a plan for lots and lots of ice cream so you just have to feel better. We're leaving your mom at Disneyland so just don't tell her

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest koolaidnconner

Well I can't believe how much medicam is....137.00 for 100ml.. :yikes

What we do for our pets...

Ekko, Misty and Wayne...I cants wait to have ice cream, I used to get that a lot frums mom and dad, but now it just makes my tummy really really upset......and makes momma cry when I cry.....but momma did say that she wants to get to disneyland before next summer so maybe I can come visit well she goes to Disneyland...??? :D

Well I can't believe how much medicam is....137.00 for 100ml.. :yikes

What we do for our pets...

Ekko, Misty and Wayne...I cants wait to have ice cream, I used to get that a lot frums mom and dad, but now it just makes my tummy really really upset......and makes momma cry when I cry.....but momma did say that she wants to get to disneyland before next summer so maybe I can come visit well she goes to Disneyland...??? :D

You two can visit anytime, we just won't promise to let you go :lol And as for the Metacam, that price is way out there. Not from a vet it isin't, but Petscriptions has the large bottle for 70.00, free shipping. And if it can't be shipped there, ask your vet if they'll price match. It was a wonder drug for my Tanner until he wasn't able to take it anymore. Conner, please feel better. When you mentioned in the c&f thread that you were up north, we thought you meant Northern Cal. :lol

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Meloxicam is the generic and it's cheaper. I pay about $90 for 100 mls for JAck but use half the amount as the meatacam. However you won't get it from your initial vet cause her husband is the drug rep for metacam.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner
How is Conner feeling today?

Hello Lene....Conner seems to be doing well this morning....He had his meds is getting back to being crazy Conner today. So I think continuing with the meds is our best option right now. I wish we could just fix it and not have to have meds but it does not look like that will happen anytime soon.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers... :colgate

Metacam is actually Mobic for people, which is VERY inexpensive as a generic pill (meloxicam). My vet wrote a scrip for it for Cullen; I bought it at CVS. It was something like $20 for quite a few. This was 2 years ago so I don't have the specifics nor do I think I'll be able to find them at this point. :blush I bet Walmart has them for $4 a month though!

Marcia in SC