Pictures Of Mazie Post Surgery

Guest BooMooandDoo

The incision looks great, we are praying for a quick recovery.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mazie Zipper-Butt!

:lol

Immediately I thought, "aww, she really IS a bionic FrankenMoose!"

Beautiful incision. I am the kind of person that honestly and truthfully admires stuff like that (I'm kind of a dork in that way).

My not terribly expert advice would be to leave the stitches in for several days longer than they say to...with Pinky's leg I left them in longer than I was instructed and I think it made a HUGE difference when it came to the size of the scarring (actually you can't even tell that Pinky ripped the backside of her leg open at all!). Since it's in such an area for Mazie that it's going to probably be prone to stretching, I'd want to leave the stitches in longer.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Wow! She looks 200x better than Stutler did when they zippered her back.

I am so glad Mazie is doing great. The hard part looks like it's going to be keeping her quiet.

That 3rd pic she looks like she's been hanging out with Towlie. :hehe:hehe:hehe

Guest FullMetalFrank

Surgeon did a wonderful job with her incision, hopefully everything else he did in there is just as amazing! She looks great, sending fast healing thoughts!

Guest BooMooandDoo

I am so glad Mazie is doing great. The hard part looks like it's going to be keeping her quiet.

who's Towlie? :dunno :dunno :dunno

Actually, her stitches do look good. Here's hoping she heals quickly. What a sweet girl. I just love her face.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

who's Towlie? :dunno:dunno:dunno

:lol Towlie is a towel from South Park (the show) that is always high...:lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest BooMooandDoo

she's doing well. She seems really sore this morning. . . and is refusing to move. . .which is WONDERFUL!!

Overall, recovery has been a piece of cake. She's only gotten up and excited once or twice. . . .when her brothers have gotten home from walks. Besides that, we try to keep her laying down in the dining room, or in her crate. She seems to really dislike her crate at this time though :( I spent an hour in the dog room cleaning and put her in the crate so I could see her. . .well she cried the whole time. Its sad. . .cause this used to be her favorite place of all times.

Would she do better in an xpen right now?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest BooMooandDoo
Would she do better in an xpen right now?

We tried that on Thursday with two beds in it. . and a kong. . . and she just stood there looking over it. . . when she shouldn't be standing. So we took it away and she went back to lay on the queen matress on the floor.

When we leave we have to crate her, so I need to make her like her crate again. All of this happened from 2 days at the vet in a crate . . .

Guest BooMooandDoo

She doing well. We're one week today. . .. . and given how bad it could be. . . .we're not doing so bad :) She's walking on her own. She's sleeping through the night. She's settled most of the time. She doesn't really give us any trouble except when it's time to walk the boys or time for me to go to work. She continues to HATE her crate.

She HATES when the boys go for a walk without her . ... screams, pants, howls, and raises H@$$. We had been crating her to take the boys on a walk, so yesterday I decided to baby gate her in the dog room hoping that would help with the crate anxiety. . . .

well. . .

she pulled two boxes of stuff off a shelf, destroyed the boxes and contents, destroyed the threshold, and beavered up the door jam. .. . and I was only gone 10-15 minutes. I can't imagine if I had taken them on a real walk.

When I got home I was so excited that she was quiet. . . but when I walked in I saw her laying in the middle of her destruction looking so proud of herself, I was floored. She's NEVER destroyed things out of anxiety.. . . only boredom as a puppy. . . .so back to forcing her in her crate . . . she's got to like it sooner or later.

So all things considered I feel blessed!

Guest grey_dreams

Hope Mazie gets better really soon! Sorry to hear she's so anxious when the boys go for a walk without her. Hope she settles down more as she gets used to the new situation. :grouphug

Yeay Bionic Moose!

But, Bad Girl, Miss Mazie! None of this destructo-hound biz, young lady! Behave!!

Glad to hear she's feeling well enough to be such a little devil, though!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.