We Need The Power... Of Gt That Is...

Guest tricolorhounds

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KRKWMU

Awesome update!!! :D Thank goodness it wasn't cancer or caused by something more serious. We'll be thinking about Savannah. Hope she recovers quickly.

Guest VelvetEars

Just now seeing this, read all 3 updates - so thankful he could put Humpty Dumpty back together again! :) Here's prayers that healing goes well too!

Wonderful news!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Snowy8

Miss Savannah...I know from experiences...when you go thru the airport, they're going to stop you when you make that beeping noise...just smile, make jokes & wag your cute little tail. They'll put you in a plastic cage, and run this "wand" around your beepy spots...just keep wiggling...you're so much cuter than me, so they probably will just wave you through but just in case...keep waggling...

I am so so so thankful that she's okay. See, prayers do work!!! :beatheart

Guest tricolorhounds

We dropped Savannah off at the Vet at 7:30 this morning and then my DD Kris, Bonks, Gaines and I headed off to the county fair... We'd previously committed to working the show and tell there all morning/early afternoon.

I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear the Dr say that the bone was healthy and he can't explain how it broke but it went right back together, with the help of a few wires and pins...

She was still too sedated to come home with us this afternoon but they expect she'll be ready to come home in the morning.

One thing I know for sure now... I B E L I E V E in the POWER!!! You all ROCK... Thank you soooo much :colgate

Sending prayers for healing and full recovery. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Vinnie

WooHoo - I love the power of GT! Yay Savannah, hope your leg heals as quickly as Gus' broken toe is supposed to heal and that you remember to take it easy - ask Mama for anything your heart desires as this is surely the time to get it :lol Keeping you all in our thoughts. Hope you get a pretty cast too.

Guest greytelectric
We've been at the Vets all morning. First our regular Vet and then the Surgeon.

Last night as she was coming back in the house from pottying... She screamed out and wouldn't bear weight on her leg... Of course I was at work and couldn't leave. Still that way this morning when I got home. So off to the Vet we went.

She has snapped off the end of her heel, just below where the achillies tendon is attached. It's the same leg she had broken at the track. To repair that injury, the Surgeon had put a pin all the way through the heel but because of a bone infection, several months later, they had to remove the pin.

Surgery is tomorrow morning... They will also be doing a biopsy because something caused the bone to break. Can we start a chant that it's only an infection ??? I can't even bring myself to think that it might be worse. :cry1

10PM

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts... I really really appreciate it.

When my DD called me at work last night, she said she had checked Van's leg and it did not appear to be broken, there was no swelling, no redness, no heat... Katie then gave her some meds for pain... She was still limping when I got home this morning and when I checked it, the first thing I noticed what how limp her achillies tendon was... It is usually quite taught with very little range of motion.

Hopefully we'll hear from the Dr early, her surgery is scheduled for 1st thing in the morning

[font="Comic Sans MS]UPDATE: HI EVERYBODY THIS IS DD KATIE, MY MOM JUST CALLED AND SAID THAT THE POWER OF GT WORKED!!

DR TARVIN JUST CALLED AND SAID EVERYTHING WENT GREAT WITH SAVANNAH, HE PUT HER BACK TOGETHER WITH

PINS AND WIRES. NO INFECTION, NO CANCER!! :yay:yay:yay MAY COME HOME THIS AFTERNOON. FOUND NO

REASON FOR THE BREAK . <_<

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYBODY FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND WISHES :yay:yay:yay:banana:banana:inlove

WE LOVE OUR SABANNA BANNANA!! :inlove:wub::wub: [/font]

YIPEE!!!! Good dog, Savannah!!!!

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG Lynnet!!! How did I totally miss this thread!!!!???

:kiss2 Sabanna Banana! :kiss2

My heart absolutely sunk when I saw the thread title! I'm sooo glad she's made it out of surgery and is on her way to recovery! :grouphug

Sending tons and tons of love and prayers for a speedy recovery!! :hope

Guinness wants to know if she'd like to play doctor! He's got his lab coat ready! :P

I'm so glad Kira's big sister is recovering well after her surgery and that the break wasn't caused by the big C! :yay:yay

Make sure you pamper that little girl when she gets home. She's gonna need lots of cookies :dogcookie , the whole bed to herself and the best toys in the house!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound