Gracie Says, "you Shoulda Seen The Other Guy"

Update 6/30/08:

After one week of using the prescribed antibiotic ointment, Gracie's eye is worse. Although the initial cat scratch is nearly healed, she now has several styes and swollen lids on both eyes now.

Per today's vet visit, we are to:

give Amoxicillan 500mg, 3 times daily

give 4 drops each eye 4 times a day with Ciprofloxiacin

continue using the antibiotic ointment 5 times a day

return next Monday for a re-check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

initial post:

Gracie, Miss Pudge, and houseguest Chester found a feral cat in the backyard this morning.

Gracie caught the worst of it. Fortunately her cornea was not scratched, but she's got a gash in that lower eye lid.

DSC03442_edited.jpg

Vet gave her an ointment that I am to put in her eye/on the lid 5 times daily.

Poor baby, looks like she's got a black eye.

I think she needs a :dogcookie .

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Poor Gracie, that was really close to the eye. I think she'll need some ice cream to feel better mom. Lots of ice cream

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest paulamariez

Awww, poor Gracie! She got scratched good. I hate when my boys are sick or injured. I just feel so helpless to make them feel better. So, I'm sending Gracie lots of pets and cuddles and Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her lots of healing doggie kisses!!

Oh baby...be careful sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Awww, hope she's feeling better soon!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Poor Gracie! I hope she heals quickly. How's the kitty?

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Poor Gracie! I hope she heals quickly. How's the kitty?

Long gone and missing some fur. Probably got quite the headache too after the shaking that Pudge gave it. I didn't see any blood on it and it ran away.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That makes my stomach queasy just to look at it. Poor Gracie. I hope she feels better soon.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I bet it'll give your yard a wide berth from now on! :lol Gracie's a lucky girl... that scratch could have been so much worse. :dogcookie

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest IrskasMom

My Morty had a cut like that also on the lower Eyelid from chasing my Grand-Dog around the Picnic bench. I left it alone and

it healed very well but he still has a scar there .

AAAAWWWWWWWW! Poor Gracie!! :cheese and :dogcookie and :cookie and :kiss2 and :bighug

I second that. Double scoop for her on a sugar cone please.

Did the vet give you any antibiotics prophylactically for her? Cat scratch/bite can lead to big time infection. Please watch it carefully...

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

update in post #1

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh poor baby! :cry1 Sending scritches and cookies to help the healing process... :cookie:grouphug:kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending more prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.