Helping Hounds Director

Guest emily

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How horrible...my thoughts are with her friends and family. Hopefully, her killer will be found quickly and justice will be served. Please keep us updated on this senseless tragedy to someone who obviously was very kind and compassionate.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest joedogs_mom

I thought everyone would appreciate an update.

The police continue to ask for help in ID'ing the man seen at the ATM using her card.

If you are interested in following the case, here are links to local TV stations (these 2 ran stories tonight interviewing Vicki of MSGAO at the adoption kennel) as well as the paper.

www.wmctv.com

www.wreg.com

www.commercialappeal.com

Vicki is reporting that 3 of the Greys already have homes to go to...again, my thanks to Vicki, who worked fast and hard to get the dogs to the kennel and out of the city's shelter. They are in excellent hands at MSGAO.

And my humble, humble opinion to the "why bad things happen to good people" is simply free will. Well, that and my own belief that a part of faith is the mystery behind such questions...things that we're just not meant to understand. A hard thing to grasp for sure.

We volunteered for Helping Hounds a few years back. I was so sad to hear about Becky's passing. Hopefully they will catch the guy who did this. I just saw a report on the news that said 1 of her hounds already has gone to a new home and two others will leave for a new forever home Wednesday. I'm sure the others will have new homes soon.

Godspeed Becky.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest sheila
I read a few of the comments related to the article and I thought one of the posters said it best - "Whenever they catch this human garbage, they need to feed him to the hounds." AMEN!!

I would never feed my dogs poisonous excrement that is mascarading as a piece of human garbage.

Guest emily

Good point Shelia!

To view one of the videos referenced earlier:

Go to www.wreg.com

Click on 'News Channel 3 Videos' (halfway down the page)

Under 'Flash Top Stories in Video' select Dogs of Murder Victim Looking...

It's hard to find words, or make sense of such a tragedy. What a terrible loss.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

That is so very Sad! Bless her heart. I really hope they catch the person and they get the stiffest penalty.

:f_pink

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Snowy8

Thanks Laura...I've been watching the story & I was wondering if it was someone she knew & probably trusted.

A little news also, most of the greyhounds have found homes....2 of them actually were being dog sitted by Becky, their owners picked them up on Monday.

Edited by Snowy8