Prayers & Good Thoughts For Callie Please

My sweet Callie is going in for a dental tomorrow and also getting a growth (lump) removed from her chest (right between her front legs). It has grown from the size of a dime to the size of a half a golf ball. It is soft and moves and the vet acted like it was no big deal and she could take it off while Callie is under. She is 9 years old.

To say I am a nervous wreck is an understatement! Please pray my baby girl comes through alright. I am so scared! :weep

Here's my nosey girl and her sister July watching mom takes some pics this evening. :wub:

100_0399.jpg
Edited by brindlebaby

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest greytkidsmom

Sending good energy your way...

My Kebo has his dental done tomorrow also (first time with new vet) so I will be pacing along with you.

Hope the lump turns out to be nothing.

Kim, we'll be thinking of you and your sweet girl tomorrow. I know she'll do fine, and will feel much better with shiny clean toofers and without that unnecessary lump.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thank you all. I'm just so nervous about the anesthesia. We went and had the pre-op bloodwork done on Monday night. I will just be a wreck tomorrow. I will drop her off on the way to work and then wait for the vet to call... I know I won't get any work done.

Our vet is pretty good and she knows how much I worry. I will get to talk to her when I drop Callie off, so I will go over my fears again. :blush

My Kebo has his dental done tomorrow also (first time with new vet) so I will be pacing along with you.

Oh please let us know tomorrow how Kebo is tomorrow, I'll be thinking of him and you! :hope:candle:bighug

He and Callie can compare shiny teefers! :blush

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest lotsahounds

Try and stay calm Kimmers! Callie will do fine as long as you don't make her nervous! Let me know how you both are doing tomorrow!

Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

I was able to see the vet when I checked Callie in. She kept telling me not to worry, but she understands because she is my child. :heart She said she does greyhounds all the time, and she knows all the worries about the anesthesia thing, they are monitored constantly by machines and humans, etc...

The sty that was on her eye was completely gone (not sure if I mentioned that in my first post), she even looked up in the computer to see where it was. She said she would check it out while she is under to make sure it's gone. (IT WAS!)

The vet called when she was out of surgery ~ she said Callie was nervous (me too!) so she took her first. She lost two teeth, a front one (which never would get white ~ I thought at her last dental she mentioned that it may of been from antibodys in her mother's milk or something :dunno ), but anyway she pulled that one - it's one of those little teeth on the top, but to the side. She said that from the gum around it, it looks like it could of been hurting her. :cry1 She said it looked like wood... and my mind immediately thought of George Washington. :crazy The other small tooth way in the back (a wisdom?).

She said Callie did fine during surgery. She threw off some PVC's (but said that is normal in greyhounds ?) and they gave her lidocaine and she didn't have another one. She was still groggy, but resting comfortably. She took the lump off her chest and said she cut it open and it looks to be fat. She said she doesn't think it needs to be sent off to the lab, but she could if I wanted. I didn't.

I had the absolute WORST DAY at work, and I wanted to sneak out a bit early to get her, but ended up leaving late. Everything that could go wrong, did (although I will put up with that if I got a good report back about Callie).

I didn't pick up my girlie until almost 5pm. I paid the bill and they had her tooth in a plastic bag (how sweet! :lol ) Ack, it's long and red... :sick! They brought Callie out and I guess I didn't expect her to be so out of it! She had thick drool hanging out of her mouth, her eyes were all glassy, she looked so pitiful. Everyone standing there waiting to pick up their pet said, "Awwwwww."

She was walking really slow and I had to boost her in the car. She laid down and I kept worrying something happened, because she is usually more active in the back seat. I had to help her out of the car when we got home and once inside, she had all this thick yellowish bloody drool coming from her mouth. My mom is feaking out asking over and over is she ok.

I took her to our bedroom and tried to lift her on our bed, but she jumped herself. I was trying to calm down telling myself that it is only about 5 hours after surgery and she had a lot done. Once she laid down I looked at her stitches, wow, I never expected them to be so long! :yikes

I got her settled on the bed and she slept comfortably. The dogs (especially July) were real sweet with her... July was really gentle (that is AMAZING!!) and was licking her ears.

I laid down with her and was out like a light!

I am happy to report that Miss Callie is pretty much back to normal today. She ate a good breakfast and is just lounging about, like any other day. ;)

She is on antibiotics, I think we go back in 2 weeks to get stitches out and as I am typing this I just notice that she starting to lick them so we will see about that!

Thanks again all for thinking of Callie ~ I cant tell you how much that helped me! :bighug

I am sorry this is so wordy! :blush

A couple pics of Callie from last night.

100_0427.jpg

100_0429.jpg

p.s. I got the dental vaccine for her and now am worried. I will be watching her like a hawk and thinking every out of the ordinary thing is a reaction. :(

Guest VelvetEars

I just saw this ---- glad she made it through! The drool is probly from the tooth pulling - just like us! :) If something happens and one socket starts bleeding, dampen a tea bag (lipton type) and press it against the socket. Should stop it quickly.

A tshirt would also help protect her chest.

What's a dental vaccine???

Guest greytkidsmom

Oh please let us know tomorrow how Kebo is tomorrow, I'll be thinking of him and you! :hope:candle:bighug

Kebo is one sore pup...six teeth gone. I think he only has one or two incisors left. He was pretty stoned last night but today he seems to be back to his old self again. He is loving the soft diet he has to be on for the next week.

Before.jpg

Kebo before

6teethgone6-5-08.jpg

Kebo's offerings to the tooth fairy

This was our first time with this vet and I am so pleased. She met with me earlier in the week to discuss my worries and draw preop labs. As soon as the dental was over, she called to give me a full report. Even better, the bill was about half the cost of a dental at my vet in Florida. She gets an A+ in my book!

Guest greytkidsmom
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

I was able to see the vet when I checked Callie in. She kept telling me not to worry, but she understands because she is my child. :heart She said she does greyhounds all the time, and she knows all the worries about the anesthesia thing, they are monitored constantly by machines and humans, etc...

The sty that was on her eye was completely gone (not sure if I mentioned that in my first post), she even looked up in the computer to see where it was. She said she would check it out while she is under to make sure it's gone. (IT WAS!)

The vet called when she was out of surgery ~ she said Callie was nervous (me too!) so she took her first. She lost two teeth, a front one (which never would get white ~ I thought at her last dental she mentioned that it may of been from antibodys in her mother's milk or something :dunno ), but anyway she pulled that one - it's one of those little teeth on the top, but to the side. She said that from the gum around it, it looks like it could of been hurting her. :cry1 She said it looked like wood... and my mind immediately thought of George Washington. :crazy The other small tooth way in the back (a wisdom?).

She said Callie did fine during surgery. She threw off some PVC's (but said that is normal in greyhounds ?) and they gave her lidocaine and she didn't have another one. She was still groggy, but resting comfortably. She took the lump off her chest and said she cut it open and it looks to be fat. She said she doesn't think it needs to be sent off to the lab, but she could if I wanted. I didn't.

I had the absolute WORST DAY at work, and I wanted to sneak out a bit early to get her, but ended up leaving late. Everything that could go wrong, did (although I will put up with that if I got a good report back about Callie).

I didn't pick up my girlie until almost 5pm. I paid the bill and they had her tooth in a plastic bag (how sweet! :lol ) Ack, it's long and red... :sick! They brought Callie out and I guess I didn't expect her to be so out of it! She had thick drool hanging out of her mouth, her eyes were all glassy, she looked so pitiful. Everyone standing there waiting to pick up their pet said, "Awwwwww."

She was walking really slow and I had to boost her in the car. She laid down and I kept worrying something happened, because she is usually more active in the back seat. I had to help her out of the car when we got home and once inside, she had all this thick yellowish bloody drool coming from her mouth. My mom is feaking out asking over and over is she ok.

I took her to our bedroom and tried to lift her on our bed, but she jumped herself. I was trying to calm down telling myself that it is only about 5 hours after surgery and she had a lot done. Once she laid down I looked at her stitches, wow, I never expected them to be so long! :yikes

I got her settled on the bed and she slept comfortably. The dogs (especially July) were real sweet with her... July was really gentle (that is AMAZING!!) and was licking her ears.

I laid down with her and was out like a light!

I am happy to report that Miss Callie is pretty much back to normal today. She ate a good breakfast and is just lounging about, like any other day. ;)

She is on antibiotics, I think we go back in 2 weeks to get stitches out and as I am typing this I just notice that she starting to lick them so we will see about that!

Thanks again all for thinking of Callie ~ I cant tell you how much that helped me! :bighug

I am sorry this is so wordy! :blush

p.s. I got the dental vaccine for her and now am worried. I will be watching her like a hawk and thinking every out of the ordinary thing is a reaction. :(

So glad she came through so well! Don't worry about the dental vaccine. Kebo has had it twice with no ill effect. Before he got it, he was needing a dental every 6 to 9 months. We went about 15 months before this dental. I really believe it is because of the vaccine. It doesn't do much for the tartar but his gums bleed much less when I brush his teeth.

Glad she did ok. What did they say about the lump? Was it just a lipoma? My golden has one under his armpit and it grew from golfball size to almost tennis ball size. It doesn't bother him but I'm going to have it removed.

Hope recovery is routine and all will be back to normal soon. Good luck with the stitches.

Kebo is one sore pup...six teeth gone. I think he only has one or two incisors left. He was pretty stoned last night but today he seems to be back to his old self again. He is loving the soft diet he has to be on for the next week.

Before.jpg

Kebo before

6teethgone6-5-08.jpg

Kebo's offerings to the tooth fairy

This was our first time with this vet and I am so pleased. She met with me earlier in the week to discuss my worries and draw preop labs. As soon as the dental was over, she called to give me a full report. Even better, the bill was about half the cost of a dental at my vet in Florida. She gets an A+ in my book!

Oh my, gentle smooches to Kebo. :kiss2 Callie hasn't gotten anything from the tooth fairy yet, but I'll let her pick up something next week at Rescued Racers' picnic. If the tooth fairy would put something under Callie's pillow, her little sister July would steal it I'm sure. :lol

Kebo's vet sounds a lot like Callie's vet ~ I can't say the bill was low, but maybe it was for the amount she had done?? ($438.00) The vet always tries to find ways for us to take care of our kids and save us money ~ such as we tried Kodi on a new medication and we just got a couple weeks worth from the vet because she wanted to make sure he could handle it. If so, she said she would give me a presciption so I could order online because it was expensive from the vet. She gives me presciptions with no problem for our cat so I can order her fluids online.

Glad she did ok. What did they say about the lump? Was it just a lipoma? My golden has one under his armpit and it grew from golfball size to almost tennis ball size. It doesn't bother him but I'm going to have it removed.

Hope recovery is routine and all will be back to normal soon. Good luck with the stitches.

Thank you. Yes the vet cut into it and said that it appears to be only fat ~ she said she would send it to the lab, but didn't think it was anything.

The stitches look good today, slightly red with no oozing or anything. :sick She seems to have left them alone today, no licking. :blush