Sunny Is Improving

Very happy to share that Sunny is making good progress with the healing of his rear leg (fracture w/ re-do plate). :) He did well at a 5-day foster home while we were in Kanab, and is happy to be home here with me and my gang. Had another bandage change on Tues., and am due for the next one on Thursday. Have mostly kept him in an ex-pen as he wants to be more active now than he is medically allowed... but have found a better solution to the E-collar (lampshare type) which he HATES, as well as the Bite-Not Collar which only thwarted him halfway in tearing off the bandage.

Momma, puleeeeeeeeze take this off. :(

IMGP0090.JPG

Ahhhh... MUCH better. B)

IMGP0097.JPG

He'll chill out on the couch for HOURS like that. I cut off the legs of some old sweat pants and made a covering for his leg, and he's left it alone! :yay

However, discovered that this little sneak can do stairs. :eek He snuck around the babygate and came up to find me. :blink: Stairs are a big No-No until the doc gives the okay. So carried him back down. Glad he's a little fella. :P

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so Happy that he is getting better. That is Great news! You are the BEST to be taking such good care of him.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

It's so good to see him again!! And great news that he's doing so well. I think this boy is HOME!!

Believe me, I would dearly love to chip. He's stolen my heart already. :beatheart However, 3 is my limit (and the city limit) plus we'll be downsizing our living space in the near future. I know if Noodle could live in my pocket, he would! B) Besides, another lovely adopter has expressed an interest in him, and just loves that he's so snuggly. :D As soon as he can do stairs, and that leg is healed...

Edited by iluvgreys

....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven

Guest paulamariez

What a cutie pie! I'm glad to hear that he's doing well! I'll keep your beautiful Sunny in my prayers for a quick recovery! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending that precious boy some healing doggie kisses as well!

Guest Vinnie

WooHoo! I have had him in my thoughts and it is so good to see and hear that he is doing so well. And even better that he may have a new permanent home! :pepper :pepper :pepper Any hints? Sending more healing prayers and scritches. Thanks so much for taking him in - what a hero!

Guest FordRacingRon
It's so good to see him again!! And great news that he's doing so well. I think this boy is HOME!!

Believe me, I would dearly love to chip. He's stolen my heart already. :beatheart However, 3 is my limit (and the city limit) plus we'll be downsizing our living space in the near future. I know if Noodle could live in my pocket, he would! B) Besides, another lovely adopter has expressed an interest in him, and just loves that he's so snuggly. :D As soon as he can do stairs, and that leg is healed...

I am soooo happy for Sunny, he is so dang cute. I am wondering if that lady at the picnic ever showed any interest in him. I was working on my DW but Leia hurt herself last Friday and after the $330 vet bill she reminded me that greyhounds cost a lot and 2 would not fit economically.

I am wondering if that lady at the picnic ever showed any interest in him.

Yes, she's definitely interested. She called me while I was in Kanab, and once I got home, we talked for over an hour on the phone. She sounds like an excellent match for him! Sunny goes in tomorrow for another bandage change, then we'll do his first set of x-rays next week, and then will have a much better idea about how the healing process is going. For now, Noodle is MY boy... :beatheart:D

Guest Machbragal

Oh, he is SO cute! Thank you for the updates. Been praying for this little one. Hope he continues to enjoy a speedy recovery.

Guest FordRacingRon
I am wondering if that lady at the picnic ever showed any interest in him.

Yes, she's definitely interested. She called me while I was in Kanab, and once I got home, we talked for over an hour on the phone. She sounds like an excellent match for him! Sunny goes in tomorrow for another bandage change, then we'll do his first set of x-rays next week, and then will have a much better idea about how the healing process is going. For now, Noodle is MY boy... :beatheart:D

She seemed like such a nice, caring lady and I was hoping Sunny and her would click. So Sunny=Noodle now ?