Remembering Beecher

Guest TBSFlame

Guest TBSFlame

I lost my boy on April 2, 2008 at 3:15 p.m. to osteo. I will always remember that date. DH was in the corner crying and I was on the floor crying and kissing his head and telling him I loved him. Beecher was a special boy. A lazy greyhound who raced till he was 4.5 but when he retired he really retired. He liked to play but didn't run that much. Star would run at him and try to get him to run and he would just play bow at her. We adopted Beecher only 3 weeks after losing our first grey to osteo. We called him our heart healer. He was such a loving hound. The cleanest hound you would ever meet. He didn't care much for change and would eat his breakfast, go out to potty walking the same way on the same stones pooping and peeing in the same spot, every time. He was the best rooer on the planet. It had a beautiful musical quality and I loved to hear the sound of it. I loved the way his mouth made a tiny O as he rooed. He was also a world class roacher laying on his sofa with his feet in the air ........ most of the time. He was gentle and didn't ever chase kitties, bunnies and squirrels. He never got dirty and didn't shed. He had the most beautiful orange brindle coat that had a shine to it year around. When we went to the beach he would use his nose to cover my feet with sand. He loved the beach. We all miss him. I told him I would pick him up at the bridge when I left this world and we would travel. I look forward to seeing him again someday.

Happy 12th Birthday, my sweet. I am sorry you couldn't stay with us till your birthday celebration. We will have a party in your honor tonight. I miss you and will love you forever!!!

Beecher-1.jpg

Edited by TBSFlame

How sad...thinking of you and DH today. Hopefully some day the sadness will fade and you'll have beautiful memories of your sweet boy.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest ss556

I'm sorry about Beecher - I'm sorry he's not physically here. Happy Birthday Sweet One - you were so loved and are so missed. I'm sure he is smiling down on his family tonight, at his birthday celebration. :grouphug:f_white

Guest jettcricket

....I'm so sorry...I know only too well how hard it is. Happy B-day handsome boy. That is their only fault...they leave us much too soon.

You will always be loved and missed sweetheart. Happy Bridge Birthday. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Happy 12th Birthday Beecher. May his memories remain alive forever.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:bighug for you and Woody.

I remember like it was yesterday running into you and Woody in PetSmart right after you adopted Beecher. He was stunningly handsome and had the most amazing amber-colored eyes. He was ever sweet and gentle and waaaay laid back.

I too loved his beautiful singing voice. I'll bet he and Keno are rooing a duet at the Bridge today in honor of his birthday. They always sounded lovely together.

Linda, I hope this poem brings you some comfort on this day that marks the anniversary of Beecher's birth.

Ascension :gh_run

(Colleen Hitchcock)

And if I go while you're still here...

Know that I still live on,

Vibrating to a different measure

behind a thin veil you cannot see through.

You will not see me,

so you must have faith.

I wait the time when we can soar together again,

both aware of each other.

Until then, live your life to the fullest.

And when you need me,

just whisper my name in your heart,

....I will be there.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest paulamariez

Beecher was an absolutely gorgeous orange brindle boy!! What tremendous coloring he had! I am so sorry for your loss. I know you will be together with your precious Beecher again one day. Happy birthday at the Bridge Beecher! I will send Nikki, Chief and Bandit to find you there and celebrate your big 12th birthday with you. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Beecher lots of birthday doggie kisses.

happy 12th, beecher. you are much loved.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

The celebration at the Bridge for Beecher is HUGE!! I just know our hounds are partying it up and I know they are happy to know that a celebration on earth went on as well.

Loosing a hound is never easy but sharing their lives was amazingly simple and we are blessed to share the time we are given.

Guest PhillyPups

Linda,

Beecher will always be remembered, not only by you, but by those of us lucky enough to be a part of the journey you shared with him, if only through the message board here. Your love for him is never-ending.

I know the Queen was up there rooing Happy Birthday to him, as there has not been a roo at our home since she went to pave the way for Beecher. :bighug

Guest Snowy8

:grouphug:beatheart:gh_lay:beatheart:grouphug

He's celebrating with all the angels that went before him...I can only imagine the roo-a-thon that rang out through all the clouds & rainbows today!

:grouphug :grouphug I'm so sorry.

beecher is probably rooing up a storm with all the other houndies, partying away on his 12th! :) Although he is not physically here anymore, it's clear that he has never really left your side, and has a very special place in your heart.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.