Today's The Day--update # 22

Dentals for them, mentals for me.

Polli, age 9.5 will be undegoing her 2nd dental in 7 months. When we arrived from the farm last August, she had sewer breath and had 17 teeth removed at her 1st dental. I brush her teeth everyday. Every single day without fail. I add in a dental additive to her water and still, her teeth and breath again are skanky. :blink:

Beau who will be 4 at the end of the month had his first dental almost 2 years ago and unlike his momma, he will not let me near his mouth with a toothbrush. His teeth and gums are OK.

He will also have the leg he had major ortho surgery on last year x-rayed since he is tripoding not using that one from time to time. Vet thinks since it was such a major injury, it was bound to show arthritis 6 months to a year later and sure enough it seems to be. I just want to be sure nothing funky is going on in there that shouldn't be.

The vet also said that they would go lighter on the anethesia for Polli since the last time, she had a rough time getting back on her feet.

Please, we are asking for a double dose of chating, prayers and good thoughts for my Beau Beau and his momma., Polli.

Logically, I know they will be OK, but emotionally.... is another story.

Will update tomorrow when I am at work and they are "in".

Thanks....

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest JudiK

Oh Robin - I always get all upset too whenever my babies undergo anesthesia. I will add you and your babies to my prayers tonight.

Well you sure know you'll have a ton of prayers coming from us. If you think of it, ask your vet what he thinks about rubbing Biotene on Polli's teeth and gums. Misty is 10 and it's made a HUGE difference for her. :hope:hope:hope

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending my prayers and best thoughts! Update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your babies!!!

:thumbs-up Everything will be fine!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I will be thinking of you, Beau and Polli tomorrow! I'll keep you all in my thoughts, with an extra special thought for you, to give you the strength to be calm and not too anxious. I know it's hard... I was soooo nervous when Merlin went in for his dental last week, and his was just a regular dental cleaning for a 3.5 year old! I'm sure everything will be fine. All those good vibes from GTers made a difference...

... here's my contribution!! :grouphug:goodluck:grouphug:goodluck:grouphug:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FreddyGirl

Bobbi, Polli's sister, came through her dental fine, with light anasthesia. She just slept the rest of the day after having picked her up after 3. Polli girl will be just fine. She's a tough girlie. Bobbi, Freddy, Molly and I send our best wishes and roos to you all. Hang in there.

Sending prayers and good thoughts.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

They have been dropped. All issues reviewed with vet with a list of dos and do nots in list form which vet said he would hold on to. (probably went to back and laughed at me!!) but hey, if I'm spending close to 1500 today for dentals and an xray, I can be as "out there" as I want to be. Right? Right.

Brought donuts for staff. NOW the hard part. Sit and wait.

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, tick....

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

I know it's early to expect an update... I was just checking in. Thinking of you, Beau & Polli this morning!

Please update when you can! :goodluck:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

thanks... Kerry... I will call about 1pm. I'm hoping they are being done now. They had to have their pst first (pre-surgical testing) but we did reguest to PLEASE take them first so they could recover and get the !!%&@(_+@ out of there as soon as possible!

Guest paulamariez

I know how stressful those darn dentals are! I just went through it with Bueller, so I know exactly how you feel. And I know you won't feel much better until you get those precious hounds home with you, safe and sound! So I will keep your little sweethearts, Polli and Beau in my prayers for an uneventful and quick recovery from their dentals! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending doggie kisses!

Oh Thank God! Just spoke to Dr. Friedman. All done and all OK. Thank you GOD- Thank you GTers. and thank you thank you thank you, Dr. Friedman.

Polli went early as I had requested so she would come out earlier. He went with the minimum anesthesia that he could. He did not pull any teeth, although he said he would do a week of antibiotics for the inflammed gums. They are bad, the teeth are horrendous and it is what it is.

Beau's teeth were a little worn down in the front, but otherwise OK. Recommened bones once in a while since he will not take a toothbrush.

The leg showed absolutley not lesions of any type and they took many pictures. He has no idea of what could be causing the tripoding from time to time. No arthritis either. Hummmm...

But my babies are OK and waking up. I feel like a million bucks even though I only got 2 hours sleep last night.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!