Bueller Got Attacked At The Park Today!

Guest paulamariez

Guest Scouts_mom

I'm so sorry for you and Bueller. How very scary. I hope Bueller heals quickly. I agree that you should look into CareCredit. I don't know if E-vets will take it, but many vets do. I used it to pay for some surgery when I was short of funds. If you pay it off in one year, there is no interest charged. Now I use it for things that I used to have to put on credit cards.

I also agree that you should report that owner. Leash laws will not be enforced unless we complain.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this. So sorry this happenend. I do not even go to dog parks just for that reason. We have a dog park in town and the vet in PetsMart is always taking care of an injured dog.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest RavenRacersMom

My sweet Bernie got attacked at a dog park by two dobermans. And the owner said NOTHING to me! (I really dont know what I expected to be said but a "sorry" or a "is your dog OK" would have been nice. Please hug Bueller. Take a deep breath yourself...that is a scary thing to happen.

I am so Sorry, Poor baby, sending lots of prayers and white light for a very fast receovery. :cry1:bighug:bighug:dogcookie:getwell:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

SOOOO sorry to hear this story. I am terrified of just this situation. I always carry Direct Stop when walking Opie, as does my DH. Gentle hugs to Bueller, and make sure to report this friggin idiot to the police/animal control. Grrrrr...

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry this happened. Sending lots of healing thoughts for Bueller. I'd make a copy of the check before you go to the bank and copies of all vet bills too.

Guest paulamariez

Update: Ronn filed a police report yesterday. The guy was given a fine and warned if his dog does it again it may get taken away. This did not happen at a dog park, it was a regular county park with walking trails. The guy had NO BUSINESS walking unleashed dogs, let alone three Mastiffs!! As far as Bueller. He's acting much better today. The bleeding from the blood vessel stopped last night, but started up again this morning. I talked to the vet and they said it was because the pressure wrap was falling down and it needed re-wrapping. Of course, just because I need the vet today, she's not in until 12:30 pm. So they had me take an ace bandage and wrap around the bleeding area until our appointment at 12:30 today. So here I am a nervous wreck. I got absolutely no sleep last night whatsover. Now I've got to worry if I wrapped the leg up tight enough or did I wrap it TOO tight???!!! I've got to watch Bueller's toes and make sure they don't start to swell or get cold or the bleeding continues. I have no idea if I wrapped the proper spot. I just had to estimate the area. Oh, I am just a basket case. Thank you all for your thoughts, posts and prayers! They really mean a lot and when I that extra bit of support, I just go to my computer and read your posts. I actually read them to Bueller yesterday from all of his concerned friends! I have to keep him laying down at all times and he normally likes to follow me around the house during the day, so I'm doing a lot of sitting. I'm too stressed to sleep. My stomach is all in knots. I just hope this dumb bleeding stops and they don't have to do surgery on my poor baby. Think giant Mastiff mouth wrapped around my tender little Bueller's hock! Bueller is rather small for a boy too. He's only 74 lbs. Thanks to all again.

Edited by paulamariez

Hugs to you and Bueller. I am so sorry this had to happen. Hope things go well at the vet today.

Edited by beledi

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest greytexplorer
I am so sorry your baby is having to pay the price for this stupid person. People like that should not be allowed to own a dog.

or have children

or drive

or VOTE

:angryfire

have you heard anymore from Mr Stupid?

~Pat --- thinking of you and Bueller today

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but it sounds as if you're doing everything right. I'm glad you reported the idiot who didn't have his dogs leashed, and I'm glad that at least he's owning up to it. Maybe between the fine and the vet bills, he'll think twice next time!

Just a few more hours and your boy can be checked by the vet. I know it's almost impossible not to, but try not to worry too much in the meantime.

Hugs to the both of you :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Sending prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest paulamariez

Here's Bueller yesterday, a shot of some of the bite damage and Bueller and his worried brother Domino laying in the healing sun.

P5040002.jpg

P5050004.jpg

P5050006.jpg

Poor baby, at least he's got a nice mommy who is taking very good care of him.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Vinnie

Oh my, poor Bueller and poor you and DH. What a scary situation for all - so glad his other mastiffs did not join in or go after your other greyt. Very glad to see that you reported him and he has been fined and he is voluntarily paying the bills. Sending many kisses and scritches to your sweet Bueller along with hugs for you both too and lots of prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery.

OMG I've only just read this, I've been on very briefly over the past days. Poor Bueller! This is one of my biggest fears - injury due to other people's totally irresponsible behavior!! :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire I HATE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LEASH THEIR DOGS!! :riphair :riphair I'm so terribly sorry this happened to you and Bueller... :sad1

Sending lots of hugs :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug let's hope your baby recovers soon.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Javagirl

I absolutely hate to hear stories like this. You are truly living all of our worst nightmares. It's unbelievable how blatently irresponsible people can be and completely nonchalant about breaking the law. A completely preventable situation.

If you haven't already filed a police report, I definitely feel you should. Not only should the owner be paying your dog's bills, he should be expecting a nice fine from the police. You both are lucky you didn't get hurt as well! White light to your grey.

Kristyn

Guest paulamariez

Yay!! All of your good thoughts and prayers are working! And mom can pat herself on the back for a good emergency re-wrap job!! The vet said the blood vessel is just about sealed off and is only leaking a tiny bit and much of that seems to be blood that has pooled under his skin leaking out. They re-cleaned everything and checked for infection, then did a much smaller wrap, mainly on the leaking vein. (vet said fortunately it was a vein, not an artery). We have to keep the wrap on as long as possible and keep Bueller quiet. He has to be laying down and can only walk to the front yard to pee. And Bueller is so excited because the vet says it's ok for him to sleep on his back with his legs up in the air! Bueller is the roaching king! Thanks again to everyone, we, especially Bueller thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers!!

Guest HersheysMom

I'm so glad he's better - so sorry about the attack and your experience at the evet. I know how you were saving money to do his dental and now this. Poor guy. I'm glad he's roaching again :)

That horrible!!! I'm so sorry. Sending tons of healing thoughts to sweet Bueller.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Me too. I hope you have the opportunity to report the guy. A mastiff. no less, I was walking a friend's dog once and came upon 2 that were leashed and they were still menacing. The guy could hardly contain them. So sorry for your doggie. Let's hope doggie karma is at play and what goes around.... Even though I never wish any doggie or any person any bad will. May they have to pay retribution but mostly change their ways.

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!