Hello From Ohio!

Hello to all! I have joined in on a few topics but I wanted to tell you a bit about my houndies and myself. My name is Judy and I LOVE my hounds. They have changed my life so much. When I first contacted GPA-Ohio, I told them that I wanted a brindle girl that was listed on the web. Alas, she was just adopted but Nancy was going to get some more greys from Michigan.

I got my brindle girl,Dawn, in August of 2005. We wanted her so badly that she didn't get very much time in a foster home so everything was new to her. Then our chapter had a get together. I had never seen so many hounds. It was a blast petting all those babies!

The next year we went to the same greyhound reunion and came home with a beautiful brindle boy, Ziggy. He has a completely different personality than Dawn. Where Dawn is bossy, Ziggy is laid back. Where Dawn loves to sleep on her own bed on the floor, Ziggy is more happy cuddled up with us on the sofa, the bed, anywhere we are. He even tried to sit on my lap in the car on several occasions.

I don't think we own them, I think they have trained us in the way of the greyhound. I find myself looking at dog toys at all of the stores we go to. We keep trying to find other healthy treats to give them. We've even gone so far as to make extra tater tots so that they can have with their supper. Yes, I know that is not especially healthy but only once a month is not going to hurt them.

Maybe someone out there can give me some tips on eye problems. I have had Ziggy to the vet 3 times for his eyes and I see that it will have to be four. His eyes water all of the time and drive him crazy. Now he has a spot on his eye. Yes, he has seen the vet for this but they just keep giving us more drops to put in.

Well, if I keep writing, you'll stop reading so I will close now. I'll put pictures in when I can figure it out. I am addicted to this website. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures you all lovingly post!

Judy from Van Wert, Ohio

Welcome from Cincinnati!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

welcome to GT :)

i don't know a thing about eye disorders, but this looks like a good site.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Welcome from Gainesville, Florida!! I can't wait to see pictures of Dawn and Ziggy! I'm also a new mom to a brindle boy!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France