Penny - Ea's Shadow

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Oh .... :( I've got tears just streaming down my face.

What a sweet farewell to a sweet darling gal.

Huge hugs to you and the rest of her family and friends. She'll obviously be sorely missed.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. :cry1

The photographs are wonderful.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest argolola

I'm sobbing as I read your post and look upon your precious Penny. Please take comfort in knowing that she had a wonderful life. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Guest Greyhoundbaby

I am so sorry for your loss...May you find comfort in the love of friends and peace in the many warm memories you will always have of Penny.

Run free sweet girl - :gh_run

I am so sorry. Take comfort in knowing your sweet Penny is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:cry1 I'm so sorry.

:gh_run

RainbowSky.jpg

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest sandlot13433

What beautiful photos and what excellent keepsakes for you. She's beautiful. My deepest sympathies. :f_white

Edited by sandlot13433

I am so sorry. THere are just no words.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest RooRoo

A TRIBUTE TO PENNY - by Rizzo the Greyhound

Penny’s Mom and Dad are super nice people who took her in as a "foster" almost 2 years ago. Well, lucky for her (and them) Penny never left and became a full-fledged member of their family joining greyhound brothers, Gus, Doug, Yardman and Battle.

Penny was a young 14... she loved to run in the yard, walk with her Mom’s dog walking group and occasionally boss her brothers around. Penny had perpetual energy, rarely stopping for a rest when she was outside and was interested in the activity around her.

Penny was the apple of her Dad’s eye and even though Mom was resistant to the color pink at first, Penny always looked like a lady in her pink collars, necklaces and various accessories. She really was a girly-girl.

With no teeth and a tiny frame, Penny loved to eat her healthy, raw diet and she always let her parents know she was hungry. She would bark and talk to them in a pushy, yet endearing way. Her size didn’t seem to matter, it was and will always be her big heart that carried that little body around.

One day Penny seemed fine, the next, cancer took over her body and she told her Mom and Dad she was ready today. Not before she made sure her brother Gus was ok during his vet visits last week. That was Penny, strong, independent and waiting her turn.

My Mom went to see Penny before her journey the the Bridge. We wish we could have seen her too. Mom said she was resting comfortably, eating peanut butter and cheese and enjoying the last hours with her family, telling them - in her own way - not to worry and let go but hold onto the wonderful memories. Mom said Penny's spunk was still there somewhere, but her body was tired and sick. Penny's Dad picked her up and brought her outside one last time and she managed to move her way around the yard and enjoy the fresh air and endless sky.

Thank you for coming into our lives and giving us your spirit.

Love your friend,

Rizzo

-----

:brokenheart still trying to stop the tears here

That last picture is forever impressed in my mind, thank you for sharing such private and specials moments.

Love, Kiwi, Maria & Michael

:weep:weep How heartbreaking! I'm so sorry. :bighug Edited by brindlebaby

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

I lost Klogger on Jan. 8, it is SO HARD! I miss him so much.

We just try to make the best decision we can for them, out of our love for them. We owe them that for all of the joy they bring us.

I'm so sorry for you loss!

Guest GiJenn51

Oh Kerri. I remember Mark telling me all about Penny last June at the expo. He loved talking all about her. She was so teeny tiny! I miss you guys and Penny. :cry1

God Speed little one! :gh_run

I am touched deeply by the picture of Penny surrounded and protected by her brothers; I see the love.

Penny is now painfree and watches over you all.

I am so sorry she had to go. I know how painful it is having her go so quickly.

Hugs to you and her beautiful family,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.