Happy's X-rays

Xan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chanting here as well and sending prayers!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Eh, it's just a cheerio! She'll cough it up and be fine! Legs are just a bit stiff, nothing a little extra glucosamine won't fix! Eh, it's just a cheerio! She'll cough it up and be fine! Legs are just a bit stiff, nothing a little extra glucosamine won't fix! Eh, it's just a cheerio! She'll cough it up and be fine! Legs are just a bit stiff, nothing a little extra glucosamine won't fix! .....*

:goodluck

Keep us posted. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest KRKWMU

I've never been into chanting, white light, and good thoughts & prayers like I have been the past couple of months with Bonnie. The power of GT amazes me! It really can make a difference (for the hounds and for us too!).

I'll be chanting along for Happy. Your "fence fund" comment cracked me up. We had a "master bathroom remodel" fund that's now out the window. It will be worth it for both of us! :goodluck

Yeah, who needs fencing or Master Bathrooms, right? That's what leashes and outhouses are for! :rolleyes:

Thanks, y'all, for keeping up the chanting, etc!!

She has two tiny stitches from the punch biopsy they did, and I didn't even notice them 'til last night! :blink: They must smart, but she hasn't made a peep or paid them any attention, so maybe not too bad. And, her appetite has NOT been affected! :D:lol

I have to work in a noisy gym this afternoon, so if they call with the good news ;) I hope I can at least feel my phone vibrate!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending some positive thoughts your way.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

sending more prayers your way!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Xan - when do you expect news on the cheerio?

Continuing to think happy cheerio thoughts for you. :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Well, if you're anything like me...:lol

Continuing Happy Cheerio Thoughts and Chanting.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:blink:

Well, mixed bag of possibilities.

Let's start with the Cheerio. Radiologist (hereafter referred to as R :P ) says s/he's not too interested in it. Could be a "normal variation for a greyhound." I want to ask more about that, but we moved on... In the mean time, let's call that a cautiously excited yeay. :)

R noticed her heart looked a bit large, but she was a racer: not worried there, either. :)

The shoulder joint calcification also wasn't interesting to the R. No further thoughts there. :)

The fusion in the tarsal joint: R thought it looked "relatively quiescent", meaning shouldn't be a source of pain or lameness. The vet disagreed to the extent that he observed that there was a distinct temperature difference there, and she clearly turns that foot out, and doesn't want to put full weight on it. So, a controversy, there. :blink:

So, the big question comes last. R was "suspicious of a narrowing" in the C4-5 cervical gap, meaning there might be some pressure on the spinal cord there. The obvious risk is that it might rupture at some point, if there is a significant and degenerative issue there. Symptoms could include lameness on the same side, a degree worse in the rear, which does approximate her problem. :/

We're to try a 10 day trial of a low dose of Rimadyl twice a day. If she shows improvement, it's probably the hock bothering her, because the neck problem would take much more to affect it.

Histopathology was not in on the rash, so we're still waiting to hear about that. Poor old gal!

Well, at least the Cheerio chant seems to have worked! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Well, hey, that doesn't sound too bad at all. I wonder if chiro would help the neck or if it's too delicate for that? My neighbor's greyhound has a cervical disc issue and chiro helps her a lot. You can also look into acupuncture :)

So I assume a harness for her then? Am quite winded from all the chanting!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren