Indigo Is Having "surgery" 3/14/08

Guest ellieb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pretty girl! Glad she's back home and feeling good. Fingers crossed for an unremarkable biopsy report.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ellieb

The vet called this evening. Apparently, normal range for a platelet count is between 150,000 and 500,000. Indigo's count was 154,000. So she is in the normal range but very low.

Doc wants to re-test when she does the suture removal in 14 days. Pathology report should be back Wednesday.

More later.

Ellie

Sending prayers for a benign path report. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

that's perfectly normal for greyhounds...see number 8 in this link. these guys know greyhounds better than anyone :)

clicky

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest ellieb
that's perfectly normal for greyhounds...see number 8 in this link. these guys know greyhounds better than anyone :)

clicky

Thanks for the link! That is helpful. I think I will print some of this out for my vet.

Guest ellieb

Doc called this afternoon. The path report is back.

It is BENIGN!!! :confetti

She says it was an epidermal occlusion cyst and that we got it all.

Things should be all good.

Thanks again to all the GTers for positive thoughts!

Ellie

Wonderful news!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So Happy that she is doing well! We will continue to pray for a good report. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Winterwish
Doc called this afternoon. The path report is back.

It is BENIGN!!! :confetti

She says it was an epidermal occlusion cyst and that we got it all...

Ellie

That is great news! :yay:yay

Lovely news :couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :yay

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ellieb

When I took Indigo back for suture removal, they drew blood for a second platelet count. Her previous one was 154,000 which concerned the doc. This one was 180,000. So...more good news!