Revolution Flea And Heartworm Meds

Guest LolaNLucy

Guest Dillymom

I'm doing some research to try and find the best option for Lola and price wise Revolution makes the most sense to me but is it safe for Greys??

She was exposed to a cough at her foster mom's so she's quarentined until tomorrow so I haven't taken her to the vet yet.

My vet put Argos on a double dose of revolution after he was exposed to my mother's dog's scabies, so I'd say yes, it's safe. But check with your vet. Mine could be clueless! He is now on Sentinel (I think) and Frontline Plus.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest momofevie

My vet recommends it without hesitation for greys, and Evie hasn't had any problems in the 2 years she's been on it. Since we don't need year-round flea/tick coverage here, I use Revolution April-Oct. and Interceptor Nov.-March, which also helps with cost savings.

My vet recommends it without hesitation for greys, and Evie hasn't had any problems in the 2 years she's been on it. Since we don't need year-round flea/tick coverage here, I use Revolution April-Oct. and Interceptor Nov.-March, which also helps with cost savings.

Is this medication given orally or topically?

Edited by Pharoah

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest LokisMom

If I'm not incorrect, Revolution does not protect against other kinds of worms. When Loki was on it, he tested positive for some other kind of worms (either hook or whip, I can't remember which) twice in less than 6 months and was treated both times. We could not get rid of those worms. Once we switched him to a monthly wormer that protected against other worms also, he's been fine.

Just something to consider.

Perfectly safe for Greyhounds. It is convenient as it has both heartworm coverage and it also kills fleas. It only protects against 1 species of tick though and does not have GI parasites (hooks, rounds, whips) on the label. If your dog is on Revolution and gets those parasites, however, Pfizer will pay for the treatment (and maybe the fecal).

It isn't the answer for every dog but is safe (it is actually even labeled to be safe in heartworm positive dogs) and is a great option for some dogs.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest greytelectric
I'm doing some research to try and find the best option for Lola and price wise Revolution makes the most sense to me but is it safe for Greys??

She was exposed to a cough at her foster mom's so she's quarentined until tomorrow so I haven't taken her to the vet yet.

I use Revolution on both my greys with no problem.