Help Me Find The Right Dremel...

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest WarmheartedPups

I got the cordless Dremel at Target....two speeds....if you get too high of a speed....it heats up the dogs nails very quickly.

Make sure its cordless.....very handy to sneak up on them anywhere and buzz away.

Guest TBSFlame
I got this cordless Dremel from Home Depot. Nothing fancy about it, but it works great! I would highly recommend getting a cordless - much easier to go to the dogs than to get them to come to you when it comes to nails!

That's the one I have and it works great.

Guest EmilyAnne
Visit My Website

Try this one. I have a corded dremmel but thought I would get this becuase of the gaurd and the fact that it is cordless.

Sheila

I've seen those, but it seems the guard would be a hindrance and prevent me from being able to see what I am doing.

Guest EmilyAnne
The Mighty Mite (cordless, rechargeable) is available at Amazon.com for under $30 and works just great!

I did a search for this at Amazon and came up with a vacuam cleaner. I love that it's under $30! Could you link me to the product?

I have the Dremel MiniMite, mine looks like this:

76a0bbd4-ceaf-4894-a445-70c500b1192f_4.jpg

I has a low and high speed. I use the high for my grey, because his nails are quite hard (I have a hard time using clippers because of this). I use the low speed for my mixed breed (40 lbs) and for smoothing the nail edges for my grey. It comes with a wall charger plugin, so you can remove the battery pack and charge it - avoid things that use batteries unless you have a rechargeable set also.

I got whatever was on sale at Sears--I think a black and decker, and it's worked fine for years. The only feature you really need, imo, is battery operated--it's so much easier to be able to use wherever the dog happens to be.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I got this cordless Dremel from Home Depot. Nothing fancy about it, but it works great! I would highly recommend getting a cordless - much easier to go to the dogs than to get them to come to you when it comes to nails!

That's what I have, too. It is good for at least 32 tough nails on one charge, I only have 2 dogs. It might go longer on one charge than that, it seems like it has enough juice to do it. The battery fully recharges in about 3 hours.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest beerdogs31
I am looking around for a dremel online, for my dog's nails. I found ths one: http://www.dog.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=...srccode=BIZRATE , but read what the review says. It says it is not strong enough for even a medium sized dog. Can you please help me find the right dremel?

I bought this same one about a month ago on amazon. The batteries don't even last through one nail session, it worked fine if the batteries would have worked long enough for me to finish. The high setting worked fairly well. I am going to opt for something that does not run on normal batteries, because it just isn't worth it. I think it would be fine for smaller dogs who nails may not be as big.......

I am looking around for a dremel online, for my dog's nails. I found ths one: http://www.dog.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=...srccode=BIZRATE , but read what the review says. It says it is not strong enough for even a medium sized dog. Can you please help me find the right dremel?

I bought this same one about a month ago on amazon. The batteries don't even last through one nail session, it worked fine if the batteries would have worked long enough for me to finish. The high setting worked fairly well. I am going to opt for something that does not run on normal batteries, because it just isn't worth it. I think it would be fine for smaller dogs who nails may not be as big.......

Ditto that...I just tossed this one and purcased a multi speed dremel with a cord at Target. I'll try it with the cord, if that doesn't work for me then I'll exchange it for the cordless one that was out of stock.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest sheila

The one I use is a Dremel MultiPro cordless 9.6V Model 780. I prefer cordless because I usually dremel the dogs wherever they happen to be laying down at.

Another tip I like to add about using a dremel is that if you have long hair make sure you secure your hair before dremeling. I always do but once I saw a rough edge on a nail and thought I would sand off quickly and a piece of my waist length hair slipped over my shoulder and I ended up with a dremel wrapped up to my scalp!

I currently have the Dremel mini mite...it worked fine initially but you need to be careful not to overcharge the battery (no, I didn't follow the instructions! They didn't really mean it, did they?) or it won't hold much of a charge afterwards.

Linda

Spring-siggy-with-Hana.jpg
Angel Gary (Hallo Smoke'em 2000-2013), Angel Molly (Kiowa Mysticrule 1999-2011) Linda, Hana, Sultan

Guest EmilyAnne
I have the Dremel MiniMite, mine looks like this:

76a0bbd4-ceaf-4894-a445-70c500b1192f_4.jpg

I has a low and high speed. I use the high for my grey, because his nails are quite hard (I have a hard time using clippers because of this). I use the low speed for my mixed breed (40 lbs) and for smoothing the nail edges for my grey. It comes with a wall charger plugin, so you can remove the battery pack and charge it - avoid things that use batteries unless you have a rechargeable set also.

We ordered this one.

Thank you everyone! :)

The Mighty Mite (cordless, rechargeable) is available at Amazon.com for under $30 and works just great!

I did a search for this at Amazon and came up with a vacuam cleaner. I love that it's under $30! Could you link me to the product?

I suggest you just search on "Dremel cordless." I may have gotten the name wrong, but I'm sure you can find it if you try!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest attila

1100sidelogo_lg.jpg

We just upgraded to this lithium-battery "Stylus" model after the rechargeable battery in our old "cordless multipro" died. It's much easier to handle - but expensive!

Guest EmilyAnne

I got the Dremel Mini Mite today in the mail. I love it!!! :yay I can grind those nails shorter than I was able to clip them, which Henry really needs, as his nails were severely overgrown when he was first rescued. (he wasn't a track dog, he's a coonhound/greyhound mix)

p.s. Attila, that thing is scary looking!!! :eek