Jupp Is Coming Home...

Guest siamanti

Guest siamanti

29 February 2008

I had a phone call from the surgeon saying that Jupp is doing well apart from not eating and being very whiney. He said that I could pick him up tonight or tommorrow morning. I know my boy is a fuzzy eater because i always cook him fresh chicken so I think he is just missing his home comforts.I have decided to go up tonight and fetch him although I am anxious, excited and terrified at the same time as to what to expect in the next weeks and when I get there. Mel (scullysmum) is coming with me and I cannot thank her enough for all the support she is giving me.

I will try and keep you up to date with Jupp's progress and thank you once again for all your kind words!

Siamanti

:yay :yay :yay

Bet Jupp is ready to come home and have some home-cooked meals! :lol: Glad to hear that he's doing well after surgery and I hope he's back to his old self very soon. :)

:yay :yay :yay

You'll probably find he'll do a lot better once he's home, though they may ask you to find a way to confine him if he's inclined to be too active.

Good luck with him! I'm sure you'll do fine. You're very lucky to have Mel living so close to help out - most of us don't have another knowledgeable greyhound owner within easy reach! :thumbs-up

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest siamanti

Yes he needs confinement for four weeks but they will supply me with a crate I can hire. I am setting off in an hour and I can't wait to say hello to my lovely boy. Yes, Mel is an aboslute star!

Siamanti

Hurry home sweetheart. Sending hugs! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh this is exciting...that is so sweet of Mel, but so typical to be helpful. Her & Angie are my guardian angels from afar!

When you get things in order, and at ease...be sure to post pictures & updates!

That's great news :) .

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I know you are busy with your boy but please let us know how you are all doing!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm happy for you and Jupp and I bet he'll be thrilled to be home with you.When you can, please post how he's doing. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest siamanti

Update Jupp 6.42 am.

Well we got him home and the first night has passed. Jupp is very drugged and not able to stand or walk unsupported. I am sleeping with him downstairs. He triees to get up in his Crate but falls over. He let me know twice that he needed to go out. I find it almost impossible to help him out of the crate. The first time I made it with him outside the crate to the carpet which I dont mind. At 5.30 we even made it outside the door and he peed. He hasn't had a poo since Thursday and I have no idea how we are going to manage that one. He hadn't eaten a lot until just now when my fresh chicken did the trick as I thought it might. Walking by himself is not an option so far. He has absolutely no control and just stands on his knuckles. I think and was told not to panick about this as I was told this is pretty normal so soon after the operation. Obviously he yelps when he falls over in the Crate and I hope this does not do any damage. Other than that the painkillers seem to do the trick. I am home until Monday morning and I am hoping until then we see a little improvement to help him cope with having a poo. If anyone has some experience with an operation recovery like this I would love to hear how your dog fared.

I will try and keep you all update. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming please.

Siamanti

Can you ring the hospital and ask them for advice? They will know exactly how much they want him to do and how best to help him. There are things you can do to support him using folded towels and so on, but you'll need to check with them how best to place them, or if they prefer him to do the work himself.

Will he use a puppy pee pad if you put it down just outside his crate? You could put one under him while he's in the crate too, it might make cleaning up a little easier. I wouldn't worry too much about the poop - he probably won't go till he starts eating properly.

I know people on GT have dealt with exactly this kind of surgery before, so hopefully one of them will pop in and share their experiences. It sounds as if Jupp is happy to be home though!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

:banana:banana:clap:clap I am so Happy to hear that he is doing better! Another prayer answered.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Is there any way you can borrow or rig up an ex-pen sort of thing, instead of the crate? Block off a corner of a room (or in between some furniture) for him? That might make it easier to get to him when he needs help.

So happy to hear he's home. Many prayers coming your way for a smooth recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Here is a pic of Juppy taken at about 12.30 today when Ben and I took him out for a potty break....He is much more himself today (last night he was "off-with-the-fairies" :blink: ) and although he is very weak behind he managed to walk a few steps with just a little support from the sling when I bribed him with some lovely ham :rolleyes:

JuppPostOp.jpg

I think he has made excellent progress just 48 hours after the op, but your continued prayers and good thoughts would be much appreciated :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

He looks great :) .

What a gentle face he has.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Oh he's just beautiful! and really he is doing very well. Keep it up sweetheart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren