Todd Was Attacked

Guest greyhounds4life

Guest greyhounds4life

Well last night we let Todd out for his last wee in the garden before bed, and then we just heard this screaming from him (I assume this is a greyhound noise, they don't just howl, they SCREAM!). We opened the back door, and he came running in with blood pouring from his face. I got such a fright! On further examination he had two cuts on his face, one very close to his eye, which were both pouring blood, and 3 cuts on his front legs, that weren't bleeding so bad. But the face cuts were definately the worst and it took a while for us to stop the blood. Luckily we know what we're doing when it comes to this! When we eventually stopped the blood, it appears they are bite wounds, not just from him cutting himself in the garden on something. So we think he's been attacked by an otter. We're very close to the shore, and we know they are there, we've had one in our garage once. We think there was one in the garden and Todd's given chase, and its turned on him, or he's pinned it in a corner and its attacked. Whatever happened, its certainly not a dog or cat bite, its definately a wild animal. He was very brave though, he let us clean him up despite being terrified and shaking and panting.

100_4876.jpg

100_4881.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4885.jpg

100_4886.jpg

100_4880.jpg

Blood on the TV remote, floor and towels:

100_4875.jpg

100_4874.jpg

100_4877.jpg

100_4879.jpg

So today we are off to the vet in an hour. The blood has stopped and the wounds are clean now, but you never know what wild animals can carry, so its best to get him checked out. Wish us luck and send some healing thoughts this way please!

Guest greyhounds4life
My goodness! So close to the eye! Sending get well wishes and gentle scritches to Todd and hugs to you - I'm sure it was terrifying to you all!

Yes, very close, that's what makes us think it was an attack attack, because an animal would go for the eyes.

Poor Todd...many healing thoughts coming his way from Spain! By the way...to me it looks pretty much like a cat attack. Cats try to attack

the eyes..terrible.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

poor baby! do you think he needs some antibiotics? I would probably take him to the vet just in case...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Ouch!! Poor Todd! He was very lucky though, considering... an inch closer to the eye and it could have been a lot worse. Poor baby. It was probably a good decision to make an appointment with the vet, better safe than sorry. Let us know what s/he says...

Here's something to make him feel better... :cookie:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Poor Todd, the cut by his eye sure was close. It does look like cat damage. Hope he feels better today. What a bad experience for him. And you too of course

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Ouch! That one by the eye looks very nasty. Hope that the vet says that everything is OK.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh sweetie...I am so sorry. Have your Mommy let us know what the vet says. Sending the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest NeedleNoseLuvR

Poor Todd! At least you don't have to worry about rabies, but a round of antibiotics would probably be good.

:dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie for Todd to help him get over his terrible fright. (Stuffies don't fight back after all.)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Poor fellow! I hope he's feeling better; that bite by the eye sure looks painful. We get raccoon and skunks here; none so brave to venture inside the fenced area, but at night I do a peek around the yard before I turn Frankie out just in case. I guess an otter would be a pretty ferocious critter when cornered. Give Todd a gentle hug! (He is beautiful, BTW)

Poor guy - Hope everything is OK with him. He is so lucky that bite/scratch just missed his eye. I never would have imagined an otter in a yard. My only contact with otters is feeding them at an aquarium in Vancouver. We have racoons here, but they keep their distance from dogs.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12