Athena

Guest crazy4greys

Guest crazy4greys

Athena, racing name Itsrmotown passed away suddenly on January 14th. Athena was going to be 9 on March 25th.

Athena was my foster dog back in 2003. When she came to me, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. A tumor was found during her spay. We were all hopefull that she would live a long life being loved. My aunt & uncle adopted her shortly after learning about her cancer. They wanted to give her a happy and loving life. And loved she was.

My aunt told me that Athena was being treated for a possible Kidney infection. My aunt was outside clearing off snow from the deck steps while her 2 greys, Athena & Xina watch her from the deck. Athena suddenly whimpered, faltered, collapsed and died within seconds. The vet thought it may have been an aneurysm or a heart attack.

Athena was laid to rest next to my aunt & uncle's 3 other greys beneath a large pinetree in their back yard.

Athena. you were not only loved by your mom and dad, but by your foster mom too. I will miss you. :cry1

Run free sweet Athena :f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Athena.jpg

Heaven has been graced once more. What a beautiful girl. Run free sweetie girl...there is no more sickness at the Bridge. My deepest sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My deepest condolences to you and your aunt & uncle for the loss of their beautiful girl. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Athena. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

How tragic. I'm so sorry. Run free lovely girl... :gh_run

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest VelvetEars

She was a beautiful girl, and it's nice to know she was loved.

Honestly, I always pray mine will go quickly on their own, so I don't have to make any decisions for them. Unfortunately, I've had to help 2 cross the bridge in the past 3 1/2 months. :(

Run free, Athena - watch over your family and send them your love on a breeze.

Wise and strong, beautiful Goddess, you have found your place amoung the stars. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

I am so sorry.

Run free sweet Athena.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project