What's Funner Than The E-vet On A Mon Night?

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

Back from our regular vet and Grandpa's chest x-ray looks really good. Nothing visible in the lungs *whew*! After assessing his teeth and talking to our vet about the dental again, it was decided to reschedule his dental for a month from now just to be safe. Rocky is going on another, longer, regimine of antibiotics for his toe. The last round almost got rid of everything (I knew I should have called in for an extension of the prescription <_< ) Now all we have left for the week is Hanna, tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers, everyone! Grandpa is breathing much easier today...back to his old self, actually. And I'm a very relieved mommy.

----------------------------------

Everything. Everything is funner.

When it rains, it pours.

Today Grandpa was supposed to go in for a dental. He needs his two upper canines removed. All the teeth from his canines back were extracted 3 years ago before we adopted him. I've done my best to salvage the few teeth he's got left, but he won't even let me brush them now. I know they're painful, so they're coming out. It's now or never...at 13 1/2, he's not getting any younger. I've been stressed as heck about it.

Then, last night at dinner, he started having difficulty breathing and possibly inhaled a piece of food (he has laryngeal paralysis). He seemed to be OK, but would have fits of horking, hacking and general respiratory distress. So, we gave him a valium and I headed to the e-vet. After a couple hours, they said he was stable and recommended we follow up with our vet for chest films, the concern being that he's aspirated either food or his own saliva which could lead to pnuemonia. Dental is postponed until they know what's gonna come from this. They also started him on anti-biotics last night "just in case" he's got something that could lead to pnuemonia.

Wednesday Hanna goes to the vet opthamologist at the specialty hospital for an evaluation of her eye sight and confirmation of the PRA diagnosis we got last week.

Rocky's bad toe seems to be bum again.

I swear we've been to the vet at least once a week for the last six weeks. The last time I was in I joked that I should just rent a room there. :rolleyes: I just want all my babies to be better. :(

Grandpa could use the power of GT prayer. I really hope my old guy doesn't get pnuemonia :hope:hope

Edited by KennelMom

I hope that Grandpa recovers very soon without any more problems.

I know exactly how it feels - lately, a week without a vet visit or a day without a call to a vet feels like something is missing...

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Sending my prayers and white light your way. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greytbookert

oh Heather, I know the worry you are feeling!

our Booker had an LP episode at the age of 13.75 and gosh, was it scary! I'll be saying my prayers for you and Grandpa!

Sending good thoughts and light for all your puppers, and especially Grandpa. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hoping Grandpa is feeling 100% and can get his toofers removed soon, and that your other pups feel better soon as well. I do know the feeling of when it rains it pours! I can only imagine with as many dogs as you guys have.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest PinkDog

My Bess had a dental and several extractions at 15 years and a few months. I was terrified. But that old gal did just fine. I'm praying that Grandpa does as well as Bess did!