It's A Girl!

Guest VelvetEars

Guest VelvetEars

As many of you know, we lost Porsche suddenly in Oct, and Jane just 2 weeks ago today. Last weekend, we took Jackson to a M&G to see about adopting a new buddy for him. We had pre-screened a number of young boys that we thought might be good for him. He picked out a 7 y/o broodie named Jumper instead. She came home last night. :) The paperwork isn't signed yet, but she's staying.

Meet Jumpy:

Jumper-1.jpg

Here are two I took this evening:

Jumpy finds the bed to be the most comfortable place in the house:

Jumpy_bed_cropped.JPG

Mitchell kisses Jumpy goodnight.

Mitchell_Jumpy_cropped.JPG

And so far so good ..... She's been pretty vocal, and aside from being a nervous nelly last night, she's settling in quite well. She slept part of the night on the bed with us - much to Jackson's dismay. (Porsche never slept on the bed with us, and Jane only rarely.)

She's very sweet, very affectionate, and loves to hunt for all the chew bones Jane buried under the bed. The kids love her, she likes them, and she and DH are bonding too.

Jackson hasn't started eating yet, but I think that will come soon. Right now, he's too concerned with making sure he gets equal affection and treats. (Silly boy!)

Edited by VelvetEars

welcome home Jumpy! I bet Jackson will be feeling better soon. He has a new friend to keep him company!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Oh, she's lovely. Jackson has good taste. Congratulations!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a pretty face! Nice pick, Jackson!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Awwwww... what a lucky girl. :) She's a beauty! Hope she and Jax become fast friends. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.