How Long Do You Wait To Open Your Ss Gift?

Guest snakes

How long do you wait?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait to open your SS gift?

• Didn't make it inside :)
    • Opened that day
    • Tried to wait, but it got opened within a week
    • Waiting for christmas
    • The grey got to it before I did!

I'm holding out until both Tip and Dazzle's packages have arrived. Tip's arrived yesterday, so the torturous wait begins. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

This is my first SS. I figured that unless the package was marked "Don't Open Until Christmas!" that it was fair game. It turns out that Darcy's SS was glad we opened the gift upon arrival.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest greyhound_mommy

Since it's our first year in our new house and our true first Christmas "alone" (we usually travel to my parent's house) we'll try to wait so we have something to open. :)

But I doubt we'll make it lol

Unless it says to open immediately I wait until Christmas day

apart from one year when poor holly had to wait until boxing day :eek her granny and grandpa (MIL & FIL) were coming down to stay with us on boxing day so I told her she could wait and open them with granny. She had presents to open on christmas day too so she didnt miss out :lol

I'm not good at waiting... so that day!

The worst part is not knowing if your SS GOT your gift... I sent mine last week and the post office website SAYS they arrived, but so far not a peep from either of my SSs. :( Not even a clicky on the 'package received' in the events section. :(

I didn't vote because this is my first year participating in SS. Although I have 5 I only entered the newest addition. Since I entered in the last round I thought I'd better only try to do one. I picked Bandit because it's his first Christmas. I think that we will open his package when it comes, I can't see my self waiting.

I am so excited, my package is all ready and I am heading off to the post office now, before it starts to snow any harder! I can't wait til my SS hound gets the package, I'm hoping they open it right away. :confetti

Last year I opened them when they arrived but I really am a wait till Christmas kind of person so will probably wait. Oh except I'm pupsitting over Christmas so maybe we should open early so as not to make the other dog jealous. Yes! There is a very good reason to open early :lol:

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greyhound_mommy

Ok so earlier I posted that we're waiting til Christmas. Well I saw Sam's package shipped and when we were leaving I saw a package on the front step. On my way over to it I decided it was being ripped open right away!!! I felt bad cause I just posted hours before about waiting!!! Luckily it was just a Purina Proclub package lol!

We don't wait to open our Christmas gifts (I got mine in September :lol ) so I figure, why make the dogs wait! We opened Shadow's package as soon as it got here. Of course, afterward I thought "I hope Remolacha didn't want us to wait" but she seemed ok with it. Phew! When Tori's comes we'll see if it says to wait until Christmas. I sure hope not! I don't think I'll be able to wait that long! :P

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest EmbersDad

im hoping to wait till christmas with mine. ember will turn 10 this saturday, 12-8. i got her an eagles collar at the GFNJ craft show last weekend that i was gonna save till then, but may spring that on her saturday. hey, with the way the eagles are playing...it cant hurt :lol

Guest SquanHound

Unless instructed otherwise, I always open them the day I receive them. I just don't have the willpower to let it sit under the tree :) I got my notice this week that our package is on its way :offwall I can't wait for it to arrive!!!

The worst part is not knowing if your SS GOT your gift... I sent mine last week and the post office website SAYS they arrived, but so far not a peep from either of my SSs. :( Not even a clicky on the 'package received' in the events section. :(

One of my SS's acknowledged receipt, but the other hasn't yet... USPS tracking SAYS it arrived, but I'll feel better once they confirm in GT. :colgate

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

We open on Christmas Day unless instructed otherwise :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest VanillaBean

Well, this is my first year doing SS and VanillaBean's first Christmas with us. I signed her up for 2 SS, so I don't think I can wait--Miss Vanilla will be opening them up upon arrival, which should be any day now for one of them!!!! wooooohoooooooo!!!!!