Tiger The Cat

Guest KatieGrey

Guest KatieGrey

Tiger.jpg

A few hours ago my husband and I helped our senior kitty Tiger pass. He started to decline on Monday so I stayed home from work to spend time with him, just in case. He still was not doing well yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to call the vet just yet. This morning he still was not doing well, so I called the vet and brought him in for them to look at him and she said that he appeared that he was trying to let go, but just couldn't. We decided the best thing would be to her to come to our house to help him cross, so he would be comfortable. He went very peacefully in my arms just a few hours ago. We are still not really sure what was wrong with him, he had been losing weight and had increased urinary production. The vet did bloodwork on him a few months ago and said his bloodwork was great, except his kidney levels were slightly off. I changed his diet and hoped for the best. He was doing great until this week, he wasn't able to use his back legs to jump this weekend and by Monday he could not stand at all. He started refusing food today as well, but still would drink so we gave him pedialite, water and broth. His quality of life just was not there, he had lost the light in his eyes.

He had a great life though, he was given to my older brother by a girlfriend when I was just 8 years old. I eagerly became his new caretaker and spent hours dressing him up with homemade coats from towels and fleece. He made the move with us to TN 5 years ago in the car and "sang" the whole way down here. He adjusted to a new lifestyle at the age of 13 and tolerated all the new animals I brought into our household. He was the best cat tester for foster hounds that anyone could ask for!

Goodbye Tiger, we had a great 18 years together. I'm still going to miss you singing every morning waiting for me to wake up or hissing at me when I slept at night if I moved and disturbed you.

Edited to add: Here is a link for his picture from mycathatesyou.com Tiger's Picture

Edited by KatieGrey

Guest LadyChester

I am so sorry your special boy is no longer with you. I'm sure Stormy and Gracie, my two kitties who went to the bridge very recently, will be there to greet Tiger. Thank you for giving him a wonderful, loving home for so many years. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

I was in nearly a identical situation with my Bubbie, and I found myself begging her to die in her sleep so I wouldn't have to make the decision. It's one of the most painful ones we can make, but it's the right one.

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest bowiebears

My sympathies on the loss of your special kitty-boy!

Only those who know the love of friends like these can know the grief we experience when they leave us behind.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--isaac

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm very sorry for your loss. f_yellow

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Guest KatieGrey

I posted some more recent pictures of him in my blog on myspace http://www.myspace.com/katiegrey

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We brought him to be cremated this morning with the best people possible, Yeargan's Pet Burial Services, I cannot recommend them enough. They are some of the most kind and compassionate people I've met. We picked out an urn and will be able to bring him home tomorrow. He will sit on top of our bookshelf in our bedroom to watch over us every night, he will be right next to our angel hound Lily as well.

Guest KatieGrey

I have to note something strange happened last night. Tiger was always one to hiss or growl at you if he got comfortable sleeping on your lap or legs. None of my other cats ever did this. Last night one of my male cats, Ajax (he was the next cat I got after Tiger, he is only 3 years old though) jumped on my lap got comfortable underneath my blanket and growled at my husband and I anytime we moved him around. I'm really wondering if Tiger passed the growling torch to Ajax. It was very comforting knowing one of my kitties took over one of Tiger's traditions.