Misty Dee Jan 5, 2002-oct 18, 2007

Guest JoyceJ

It's taken me a while to post this, as Misty Dee (or Deeeeeeeeeeeeeee, as I often called her) crossed the Bridge so unexpectedly. She was being treated for what we thought was a pulled/strained/sprained muscle in her front shoulder. She had been x-rayed and all was clear. She was on Rimadyl, but I was monitoring her closely. She was on Tramadol and had no apparent side effects. She was as happy and as loving as always....she had her head in my lap when I shut down the computer the night before she died. We thought she was getting better. Then WHAM!!

I've gone through the grief that comes with losing your heart dog. But losing Dee has been different...harder in many ways because she had not been "sick". Necropsy results indicate probable

hemangiosarcoma but Dr Couto is doing additional statins.

From the first day she arrived, Misty Dee was always a little different. She flew US Air into Charlotte, did a Meet & Greet, and rode home instead of traveling on a hauler from Florida to Columbia. For the longest time, she refused to walk on white floors. To her, having her nails trimmed was sheer torture. She hated sharing the couch with certain foster dogs. She thought "sit" meant to lay in the sphinx position. She learned to crawl by watching Missy, one of our long-term foster dogs. She decided carrots were special treats only after watching our current foster Tuckett devour them. And from Daniel,her brother, she learned that the "human" bed was even more comfortable than the couch.

She never failed to make us laugh, especially when she started tossing her favorite stuffie around the den. She was always ready to give you a kiss or lay her head in your lap, on your chest or on your shoulder. A true "Daddy's Girl"; she loved laying at Bubba's feet and sharing his snacks. And she delighted in stealing a drink of his milk when he wasn't looking.

From her coloring to her habits to her personality-she was one of a kind. We were blessed to have her and her idiosyncrasies in our life. We watched as she lived each day to the fullest. While she will be greytly missed, she will never be forgotten. She's left too many paw prints in our hearts.

Dee, I saw the rainbow you sent and I understand.

Run fast and free, sweet girlie.

We'll see you at the Bridge.

0579ff68.jpg

Edited by JoyceJ

Joyce,

I am so sorry for your loss. Dee is smiling down upon you thanking you for all you did for her.

Godspeed Dee, you are sadly missed.

:f_pink:gh_runner:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

I'm so sorry. :(

I lost my first greyhound suddenly. He seemed the picture of health and then was gone with no warning. It's very hard, however, no matter how they go. And it truly never seems they've shared our lives long enough no matter how many years it's been. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry. Run free pretty girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry that Dee had to leave so suddenly and way way too soon. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is.

I have a Dee now. She came here two weeks ago. It's a special name for special hounds.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound