Cooper Is Gone

Guest msteele

Guest msteele

I posted about 2 months ago, as Cooper was showing signs of LS. A course of steroids helped for a few weeks, but he relapsed about 2 weeks ago. He was at doggie daycare yesterday (DH is out of the country and Cooper was on steroids again so needed to be looked after). He went lame and was in pain; I left work and took him to the e-vet upstairs, where he was x-rayed. His leg had broken and he had a tumor. There was no question about what I had to do.

Osteo is horrible. Yesterday was horrible. I am heartbroken. Cooper was our first grey. He changed our lives with his intelligence, his spirit, his spunk, and his cleverness. I miss the sound of those flapping ears.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry about Cooper's death.

It is indeed amazing how this 'just animals' change us and our lives forever.

He will live on in your hearts.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge!

--Isaac

I'm very sorry for your loss :f_red

Run Free sweet Cooper

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest Winterwish

I am so,so sorry. :grouphug Please know Cooper is with you always and loving you so much. Sending my deepest condolences to you and your husband.

Run and play free sweet Cooper ~ :angelwings:f_white:f_pink:f_white:candle

Guest greymom1997

I am so, so sorry for your loss of Cooper. Osteo is horrible. I lost my Hammer to it in 2005.... The pain was so intense for him too... I let him go in peace... just know that right now Cooper is running pain free at the Bridge with all the other greys. There is no cancer!!!! You will see Cooper again. Just like you, Hammer was my first too... He taught me the love of a grey and each one I adopted after him have been a tribute to his life.... I promise you that the pain will ease over time. It never, ever gets better, but it does ease. I chose to remember every moment of Hammer's happy, pain-free life and not the cancer-filled ones.... We owe them that... our memories should be about the joy they brought us... about the love they taught us... and how we can love again...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.... :f_red

Run free sweet Cooper... Run now like the wind.... :gh_run

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Cooper. It's always hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your memories bring comfort to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet Cooper.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that Angel Cooper is healed and running and playing with our Angels. :grouphug:f_red My deepest sympathy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.