Cooper Is Gone

Guest msteele

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I posted about 2 months ago, as Cooper was showing signs of LS. A course of steroids helped for a few weeks, but he relapsed about 2 weeks ago. He was at doggie daycare yesterday (DH is out of the country and Cooper was on steroids again so needed to be looked after). He went lame and was in pain; I left work and took him to the e-vet upstairs, where he was x-rayed. His leg had broken and he had a tumor. There was no question about what I had to do.

Osteo is horrible. Yesterday was horrible. I am heartbroken. Cooper was our first grey. He changed our lives with his intelligence, his spirit, his spunk, and his cleverness. I miss the sound of those flapping ears.

I am so sorry for your loss-

I can't know how hard yesterday was for you, but I do know how hard a certain day in September was for me.

Grouphugs for all who have had to help their babes to the bridge of late- :weep

Osteo and ALL cancer is horrible.

Pray for a cure :heart

Lisa

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow:cry1

Run pain free, sweet Cooper.................

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I am so sorry. :candle Godspeed Cooper. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry. Hugs to his people.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest msteele

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Cooper changed my life -- I am a better person because I got to share 5 years of my life with him. It helps to come here and see responses and good wishes from people who understand the impact these wonderful creatures have on us.

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope Cooper soon sends you a sign that he is ok. Although, sometimes I wonder just how gone they really are. It used to take me by surprise when either Sirocco or Nikki would suddenly pick up characteristics & habits of Polly & Chester. How else to explain a greyhound suddenly acting like a brittany spaniel. :angelwings

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest needlenosemom

I am so sorry. It is so hard to see them "go down hill" and the suffering. You gave him a greyt life and a peaceful way to cross the Rainbow Bridge. The first one seems always the hardest to bear; we lost our first just 4 days ago. Our sympathies to you.