Signatures

Trudy

I was a little bored today, so that left me with time to look at images in signatures. I found quite a few today with images that were well over the 15k limit and several that went over the 150x500 limit as well.

please, check your signatures. We have these limits in place to make the page loading quicker for those that have dial-up. If yours doesn't fit the specs and I didn't notice it today, please just fix it. Once we do notice it, it will be removed with a little note left in its place.

I'd recently noticed a few signatures advertising businesses that weren't theirs. We have no problem with you putting a blurb about YOUR business in your signature as long as it follows the guidelines posted in the pinned thread in the tech forum. But we will not allow you to advertise for somebody else.

Tomorrow... I'll start looking at the number of lines of text in signatures :)

So, again, please take a look at your signatures - 4 lines max, including blank spaces.

I may not catch them all, but if you know yours is over the limit, please fix it and don't wait for one of us to notice it and remove it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nerak254
I was a little bored today, so that left me with time to look at images in signatures. I found quite a few today with images that were well over the 15k limit and several that went over the 150x500 limit as well.

please, check your signatures. We have these limits in place to make the page loading quicker for those that have dial-up. If yours doesn't fit the specs and I didn't notice it today, please just fix it. Once we do notice it, it will be removed with a little note left in its place.

I'd recently noticed a few signatures advertising businesses that weren't theirs. We have no problem with you putting a blurb about YOUR business in your signature as long as it follows the guidelines posted in the pinned thread in the tech forum. But we will not allow you to advertise for somebody else.

Tomorrow... I'll start looking at the number of lines of text in signatures :)

So, again, please take a look at your signatures - 4 lines max, including blank spaces.

I may not catch them all, but if you know yours is over the limit, please fix it and don't wait for one of us to notice it and remove it.

Is there any reason that you couldn't let someone know that it needs to be changed before just removing it? There are some of us who aren't aware we are in violation.

The guideline is posted and has been pretty much without change since 2002.

The page you edit your signature lists the major items, and links back to the fill guideline.

That same page also states:

*** Not adhering to these guidelines may lead to removal of your signature without warning. ***

It is the members responsibility.

As an example you have 1081 posts, so you potentially have 1081 posts on the forum all linking to a 100k image with 1200 people per day hitting that image, and they could be hitting it multiple times, so that is the reason we just remove some of them.

If the limits are close, we sometimes contact the member, if they are to far off, we don't wait.

Again, the guidelines are posted, and it is the members responsibility to follow them.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I keep looking at mine and it says 500 X 150??? Can you help me?

siggy.jpg

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Bored Trudy? Jeff not spicing things up enough? :P

Ahh... a Duracell shortage. ;):P

Here is a siggy for Trudy.

siggy_nazi-20071018-211644.jpg

I know, thats part of the joke, you gotta fix it. :P

Guest GiJenn51

I've told people over and over-- The siggies I do for them I save and check on the GT gallery.

If you save them to photobucket, it will increase the size. Beth, your faded yellow works fine!!!

I've told people over and over-- The siggies I do for them I save and check on the GT gallery.

If you save them to photobucket, it will increase the size. Beth, your faded yellow works fine!!!

Yeah, Beth sent me your original and I uploaded it to my website to preserve the file size.

Yeah, Beth sent me your original and I uploaded it to my website to preserve the file size.

What are the options of where to save it? i have photobucket and it apparently increased the size BIG time.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

What are the options of where to save it? i have photobucket and it apparently increased the size BIG time.

Since you are a supporter you can use the GT gallery. Or if you have your own website you can upload it there and link to it.

Guest ProudGreyMom

It says the size limit right in the siggy posting area. I always check my new ones to make sure they are within the limit.

Since you are a supporter you can use the GT gallery. Or if you have your own website you can upload it there and link to it.

OK, I just put it into the gallery and it's under 15K!!! YAY. I had never used this feature before. Thanks!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

OK - I may be a lil special needs technology-wise, but I can't figure out how to link from my signature that I put in my gallery. Can somebody help? :blush I've got my current sig linking from picturetrail and I think it made it too big (but I don't even know how to check that!) :rolleyes:

Edited by Lala

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pharaohs_Dad

Well that explains it...Photobucket is increasing it quite a bit. I made mine a 4.0kb & they increased it to 49. I guess I have to wait until I have enough post to start a gallery :blink:

Thank you very much, Jeff! I cetainly don't want to end up on the GT naughty list. :unsure

I guess I am on the naughty list ! I checked in today and my siggy was removed ! I haven't changed anything and it's been the same siggy for like the past year - why would it be removed now ?

I can't even remember how to do it or where I have those pics - help, I'm clueless as to why this happened now.

mollysiggy-1.jpgemmasiggy-1.jpg

because we just noticed it. And you put it back still wrong....now to remove it again.

oops! sorry- still on the naughty list -guess i'm getting coal for Christmas!

I guess I don't know what I'm doing! It'll just have to be picture-less until I can figure it out !

mollysiggy-1.jpgemmasiggy-1.jpg