Monty Seems To Be Getting Better.....

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Monty, whose medical bills resemble the gross national product of a small island nation, may finally have turned a corner. So here is a good news thread in a forum where most are bad news.

Monty's infections are clearing on his 5th antibiotic. he will have one more C and S and skin biopsy for the small remaining infections and likely go on a 6th antibiotic, but he is tolerating them well with stomach meds.

His Pannus seems to be clearing.

His iatrogenic cushings seems to be clearing.

He is 45% bald but IS GROWING SOME NEW HAIR on his pink self!

He had a GREAT TIME at Dewey and clearly wants another greyhound to call his own. However, see line #1, no greyhound chip in our future....

He is tolerating the g--d--- rabbit challenge and likes his food very well.

His chronic allergies, which started all this, now look like a NOTHING PROBLEM, and he is somewhat less itchy on 175 mg of Benadryl.

He is a good boy!!!!!!!! :colgate

Fingers crossed he's turned the corner! I thought he looked pretty good at Dewey - just a few pink patches here and there. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest jettcricket

I thought he looked greyt!!! Holly told me about your boy. If I didn't know that he had a skin problem (along with his other medical issues), I'd have never known anything was wrong with him.

He's a cutie for sure and a talker at that!! :P

Good boy Monty!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh Karen, that is wonderful. You and he deserve only good health and much happiness from here on in!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ArtysPeople
Monty, whose medical bills resemble the gross national product of a small island nation, may finally have turned a corner. So here is a good

. . .

He had a GREAT TIME at Dewey and clearly wants another greyhound to call his own. However, see line #1, no greyhound chip in our future....

Monty should be so grateful to have landed as an only grey! Can you imagine going through this with other greys in the picture??? I know what you mean about having a dog who wants another greyhound to call his own, but Monty should be counting his blessings to have you to himself!!

He is a good boy!!!!!!!! :colgate

It's so greyt to hear he's doing well. I remember from one of your earlier posts that you were wondering if his lack of affection at times was related to his medical conditions. Just wondering if his personality has changed at all now that he's feeling better?

Keep up the good work, Monty!

Karen, I'm so glad to hear the good news about Monty! I would have loved to have met him at Dewey but with Bodie's medical bills approaching the gross national product of several nations combined, it wasn't in the budget this year.

And isn't it amazing - both of our greys "problems" supposedly started with allergies that are now non-existant.

Keep up the good work, Monty! Get your mom to give you some more stuffies to replace that sushi!

Guest Hollys2hounds

Shhhhhh, Don't tell my 2 that Monty is my secret boyfriend!!! :wub::beatheart

Karen, he looks great, and what a fun boy!!! He is really something!! But you, Mark and Sam deserve most of the credit!!!!

He may not have another dog (for now...ha ha) but he is so lucky to have YOU all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have all worked so hard to get him where he is, and aside from the allergies, what a HAPPY HAPPY PUP!!!!!

Hey Monty, keep up the good work!!!! :goodluck:dogcookie:bighug

I'm so happy that Monty boy is doing so well :kiss2

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greytmonty
[

It's so greyt to hear he's doing well. I remember from one of your earlier posts that you were wondering if his lack of affection at times was related to his medical conditions. Just wondering if his personality has changed at all now that he's feeling better?

He has definitely become more playful and affectionate. The cushings syndrome made him depressed and uncomfortable, I am assuming.

He is kind of having a delayed puppyhood and still chews and barks like a madman but that is Monty. :P

Yay! What wonderful news! Sorry we didn't catch up at Dewey...maybe a play date when I'm home at Christmas?

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)