Sheana Is Not Feeling Well

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Her lymph nodes are back to normal, but she is just not herself. One day everything seems fine and then she's just not herself. At first I thought it is just me over reacting but I really think there is something going on. Little things alone that would be nothing when they are all taking place together have me worried. The weather is beautiful and she is laying on the couch. Normally she would be outside , chasing squirrels, digging holes and simply enjoying the day and wondering why anyone would want to be inside. I had to coax her into eating this morning. Sheana has been here over 3 years and I have NEVER had to coax her to eat anything. She is a dancer and a bouncer. I have to make her sit before I give her her food. For 3 days now I have had to call her to her bowl and this morning I had to offer her choices to get her to eat. Normally she will eat her food and see if she can steal any of someone else's. She is turning her nose up at cookies or at the very least being selective of which ones she will except. Unca Lee came in a few minutes ago and she simply raised her head off the couch in acknowledgement of his presence instead of stampeding him at the door with the rest of the gang. She is ignoring toys. Also Sheana is a snuggler. If one of the other hounds gets on the couch with her she always allows them to snuggle and use herself as a pillow. If anyone approaches the couch right now she is raising her lips and snapping at them. Clearly she is NOT feeling well. I have not noticed any vomiting or runny poops but I will be keeping a closer watch today. I will be calling the vet tomorrow. I am hoping it is just the doxy affecting her now that her nodes are normal and maybe she doesn't need it and it is making her feel off.

So I would appreciate it if you would remember her in your prayers that it is something simple.

Here is a picture of my baby this morning. It is a little cool this morning and she was all curled up so I put her new pullover on her and draped my sweater over her bum to make her feel better. I hate it when she feels bad.

DSC03166.jpg

Edited by greybookends

Sending prayers.

It is maddening when you think they are going one way and then all of a sudden they head another way.

hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:(

Is she getting some pepcid, too, for her tummy?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest DoofBert

Hugs to all and get well wishes to Sheana... Sometimes it's just a sleep in lazy kind of morning....perhaps that's all we have. A little chill in the air is a good excuse to sleep in and stay under the blankets! My gang, including Tania is having a lazy morning, too.

Edited by DoofBert

Guest greybookends
Assuming she is still on doxy(?) Are you giving her pepcid for her stomach? Carafate?

I haven't given her any Pepcid but she hasn't had an upset tummy. :dunno I will see if I can get some and try it. How much should I give her and will any kind of antacid do. I don't use any antacids but I do have a generic one in a first aid kit. The only thing I ever use is Tums.

Edited by greybookends

Pepcid (famotidine) -- try 10mg, wait 30-40 minutes, then offer food, then give doxy.

I usually start with 10mg twice a day. You can give more, but that's a place to start.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aww, Sheana. Get better soon so your mommy won't have to worry about you.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Feel better soon, Sheana!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I hope Sheana is back to herself soon!

Did they ever take xrays of her teeth, just in case? I've had a couple experiences of teeth problems you can't see from the outside but turns out they are pretty bad once taken out.

Hoping the doxy just has to take its time to work.....

Guest greybookends
I hope Sheana is back to herself soon!

Did they ever take xrays of her teeth, just in case? I've had a couple experiences of teeth problems you can't see from the outside but turns out they are pretty bad once taken out.

Hoping the doxy just has to take its time to work.....

It was her lymph nodes and they are back to normal but the vet wanted her on the doxy for 30 days in case it is a TBD that was effecting the nodes. I am thinking it is either the doxy effecting her tummy or maybe a little constipation. I have been trying to catch her pooping so that I can see how it is doing. I haven't seen any big D in the yard. She hasn't gone poop today so I am wondering if maybe she is constipated.

Guest greybookends

She is acting a bit better this evening. I got her some Pepcid. I am still gonna call the vet in the morning and maybe we need to lower the dose of doxy.