Liver/spleen Cancer

Guest greymom1997

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greymom1997

I've been doing some more research... Has anyone had any experience with Insulinoma's? I know that the tumor on the "liver" doesn't exactly coincide as it is usually the pancreas, but all the symptoms seem to be pointing in that direction. Well all except for the blood in the abdomen...

How would I determine if it is Insulinoma? Should I just go ahead with the surgery to remove the tumor from the liver anyway before I find out about the Insulinoma?

I am at a loss as to what I should do now... I want to make the best possible choice for Phillie. Is there a non-invasive test that can be done to determine if the tumor is cancerous and at the same time tell us if it is Insulinoma? Unfortunately my vet is on vacation and everyone else including Dr. Couto is at Dewey.... AAHHH help!

I feel as if I am running out of time...

Also, I've been feeding him 1/2 cup of Purina One turkey and rice dog food with a few chunks of canned food every 3 1/2 to 4 hours around the clock since 5:30 yesterday morning and he hasn't had a single seizure episode since....

Donna

Teaching hospital should be able to do an ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirate and cytology (biopsy) with same-day results. He might or might not have to be sedated (lightly or heavily; depends) for that, depends on him and on the tumor location.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I would get him somewhere today or tomorrow as it's the weekend. Didn't someone suggest Tuft's at one point? Is that close to you?

Yes, she herself mentioned Tufts.

It's a LONG weekend.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest greymom1997

There have been some new developments with Phillie... but he is now scheduled for a full CBC specifically to check his insulin level... I have located a surgeon that I trust... but it all depends on the lab results.

In the meantime... he is doing great... Actually seems his normal self... His attitude is great... he wants to play and actually go for walks. I feed him every 4-5 hours and no seizures. I'm lovin' him like crazy and hoping for the best.

Guest greymom1997

Hey all,

Phillie's CBC came back this morning... I can't remember a lot of the particulars since I was up ALL night with him. He had a bad night and now I am having a fuzzy morning.

His sugar WAS low though ... I have a vet and surgeon on board... actually, it turns out that the surgeon is someone who my regular vet knows and will allow him to observe the surgery. I'm just now trying to get all the tests faxed over.

I also heard from Dr. Vilar at OSU and I will be getting the info faxed to him too.... he may be able to help...

When is his surgery scheduled?

Been thinking about youse guys a lot -- sending big bunches of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sorry to hear that Phillie had a bad night. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that sugery is able to be scheduled soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest greymom1997

I cannot tell you just how much your prayers have been answered. Phillie and I (and AJ too) thank you all so much...

I am quite petrified of the surgery.... The vet who referred the surgeon is the volunteer vet for the adoption group that I got Phillie from. Dr. Easley actually knows my regular vet very well. I am so happy that my boy will be receiving this extra special care. He deserves it so much!

The seizures are very scary... for him and for me especially since I feel so helpless. If I can get food into him the seizure subsides, but if he decides not to eat or the seizure sneaks up on him it is a harrowing time for me AND HIM....

I am really not sure what to expect post surgery ... assuming he makes it (fingers double crossed), but if I get even one more walk with my boy it will be worth it... getting back to our meet and greets at Petco would be ok too....

Hopefully, surgery will be in the next two days.... I'll keep everyone posted.....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU .... PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!

Donna

Edited by greymom1997

Guest poopsie1

Donna just sent me a text message. Phillie is in surgery now. Please, please keep those prayers coming. I'll post more when I hear. Thanks,

Anne-Marie

Guest poopsie1

Donna called a little while ago. Phillie has gone to the bridge. All I know at this point is the tumors were too large and she had to let him go. I can't write any more right now. Donna will post when she's able to.