Help

SAVED2

My friend wayne's grey Elvis is now dieing he has cancer of his rear leg and possibly lungs he cannot get up and is lying on the floor crying , wayne gave him one RIMADYL earlier and another just now , from my experience it is gonna get worse as the night goes on , can we give him a DERAMAXX now we did this with our larry and it knocked him out , do you think that these doses will do the same thing again , we will take him to be put to sleep at 8 this coming morning.

Sending prayers and gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Please get him to a vet--he may have broken his leg. I know you want to relieve his pain but, please don't give him Deramaxx after giving him 2 doses of Rimadyl--he'll end up with stomach pain too. Do you have any Tramadol you can give him until you can get him medical attention. Major hugs to all of you--I'm sorry you are having to go through this. :(

I am so sorry. Sending prayers that his last hours are peaceful. Calling all Angels. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Talked to wayne , he said Elvis had a bad night , wayne is so attached to Elvis he cant let go and is at the vet now with Elvis wanting to get more pain meds , I cannot tell him what to do as he has been in adoption as long as we have , I would trust him with our Greys , so please put them on your Prayer list. Dan

Guest luckydog

I hope the vet is able to help Wayne realize that the greatest gift we can give to our animals is to put aside our grief and make that difficult decision.

You don't want to give Deramaxx with Rimadyl... you may just be adding hte pain of a stomach ulcer on top of everything else. There are plenty of other options such as Tramadol, Fentanyl, etc. that coudl be beneficial. Having said that the pain of bone cancer is not one that we can realistically control well no matter what combination of medications we use. : (

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom

I know how hard it is to let a beloved one go, but at some point, your needs have to be less important than they're pain/discomfort. I send prayers for Elvis that he may be relieved of his pain, and prayers for Wayne that he will be able to make the best decision for Elvis' health and happiness.