Gypsy, My Princess....

Guest luluaz

Guest Tenderhearts

Lisa, I haven't been able to respond till now. I feel so badly for both of you, and you have had more than your share of losses in your life.

Please know that sweet Gypsy is on my prayer list! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gypsy is such a beautiful soul. :wub: Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches for Gypsy and strength for you. :hope:grouphug I know how hard this is, I've been where you are. :bighug

Try to take some comfort in knowing that Gypsy only knows the here and now, she does not know the future. I would feed her anything she wants, and high protein low carb is better. Lean and tender roast beef, baked chicken, ground round with scrambled eggs, vanilla yogurt mixed with Rice Krispies, small amounts of ice cream and peanut butter, whatever she wants as long as it doesn't upset her tummy. The most important thing is to get food into her stomach so all the meds don't cause her tummy problems.

:grouphug

Edited by Greytlady94

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We helped Gypsy to The Bridge yesterday-

Poor baby was loaded with tumors as we saw on the ultrasound.

In April, very clean xrays and ultrasound...what a difference.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support, now if only someone could

fill this huge hole in my heart, it would be greyt. :weep

I posted some pics and a little tribute in remembrance, please stop by and visit, if you get a chance.

Gypsy's mom,

Lisa :brokenheart:gh_run

Ahhhhhhh Lisa. I'm so very sorry. I dread the day when I will have to post the same about Nevada. They just don't stay with us long enough. But the happy moments far out weigh the sorrow. Hopefully some of those moments will help to heal up that hole. She will always be with you...............XXOO Carol & Nevada :wub:

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I am so sorry. :candle Godspeed sweet Gypsy. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest paulamariez

I have been off for a few weeks and came back on and decided to cruise back and see what I missed, and then I found your post about Gypsy. I was just heartbroken when I read it, because Gypsy was one of the dogs I had always prayed for. I thought she was such a pretty brindle girl, that I even printed out her picture and kept it in my kitchen to remind me to say a little prayer for your girl. I am so sorry that you lost your precious girl. My heart goes out to you and I know exactly how much pain you're in, because we just had to put down our beloved Siberian Husky, Nikki, (our only non-greyhound) last Thursday (9/13) after having her with us for 18 1/2 YEARS! She was such a tough old thing and outlived two of her greyhound brothers. But the three are together once again. It is soooo hard and soooo sad to let them go. I'm still walking around and crying. All I have to do is see a tuft of her fur lying around and I'm bawling. I'm sitting here crying for both of us now.....The one thing I just did, I found a great picture of Nikki and I printed it out to a big 8 x 10 picture and put it in a frame. Just looking at her "back" in the house makes me feel just a tiny bit better, like she's still sort of here with me. Give it a try, maybe it will bring you a bit of comfort for Gypsy. I'm sure our beautiful girls met up somewhere at the Bridge and are running around together having fun and being healthy once again! I am so sorry about Gypsy. She was such a beautiful greyhound!

I have been off for a few weeks and came back on and decided to cruise back and see what I missed, and then I found your post about Gypsy. I was just heartbroken when I read it, because Gypsy was one of the dogs I had always prayed for. I thought she was such a pretty brindle girl, that I even printed out her picture and kept it in my kitchen to remind me to say a little prayer for your girl. I am so sorry that you lost your precious girl. My heart goes out to you and I know exactly how much pain you're in, because we just had to put down our beloved Siberian Husky, Nikki, (our only non-greyhound) last Thursday (9/13) after having her with us for 18 1/2 YEARS! She was such a tough old thing and outlived two of her greyhound brothers. But the three are together once again. It is soooo hard and soooo sad to let them go. I'm still walking around and crying. All I have to do is see a tuft of her fur lying around and I'm bawling. I'm sitting here crying for both of us now.....The one thing I just did, I found a great picture of Nikki and I printed it out to a big 8 x 10 picture and put it in a frame. Just looking at her "back" in the house makes me feel just a tiny bit better, like she's still sort of here with me. Give it a try, maybe it will bring you a bit of comfort for Gypsy. I'm sure our beautiful girls met up somewhere at the Bridge and are running around together having fun and being healthy once again! I am so sorry about Gypsy. She was such a beautiful greyhound!

Thank you, I just saw your post and I, too, am walking around crying, though I am at work :(

Hardest thing for me: walking past her bed and still seeing the impression of her sweet little body and being in my bathroom and not having her there right behind me on her perch-I cannot even begin to change things out, like the waterbowl next to her bed that she last drank from, as if she might be back at any second.....every daily act of living has her impression stamped upon it.

I will never forget her, not ever.

I will try putting up a large photo of her, maybe right in the hallway behind where she used to lay and watch me :)

and I probably will feel better, too.

I am so sorry about Nikki---Gypsy was with me four loving years, almost to the day. I would be lost and overwhelmed had I lost a pup that had been with me as long as your Nikki was.

You are stronger than you know-

Run free, sweet babies!! :gh_run