If You Could Spare Some Good Thoughts.....

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

Eli and I are off to the vet in a few minutes.

Sunday evening, Eli starting yelping/crying everytime time he'd try to get up from lying down and then when he'd walk, he looked like he was drunk. We gave him some Metacam at bedtime on Sunday which helped a little but the yelping/crying continued on and off Monday but by Monday night, he seemed like same ol' Eli (wanting to play, barking, play bowing etc.). Yesterday though, he came out to the kitchen to see what I was doing and yelped/cried when he moved his neck.

So, I called the vet and am taking him in a few minutes.

Not sure what the problem is. Seems like its either his back or his neck. DH and I just hope that its nothing serious and that our little monster is going to be okay.

If anyone can spare some good thoughts, prayers, or whatever, we'd really appreciate it.

(If I have time after our appointment, before I go to work, I'll update then)

Thank you in advance everybody. I know from everything with Sullivan, GT is a very powerful thing!

Edited by greyhound_bug

Prayers and good thoughts for Eli.....I hope they can find out what the problem is and fix it quickly.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Sending prayers for Eli. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Bug! I hope everything is okay with Squirty!

Thinking of you!!! Call me if you need to (PMed my work #)... or we'll be home after 5!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest greyhound_bug

Well, we've been home for about an hour and Eli has done nothing but sleep. :blush

Our vet is very confident that it is just a spinal inflamation in Eli's neck. He has seen it several times in greys and said that it is treatable.

(He said a lot of times it can/does just happen when a dog is playing and all of a sudden the dogs lets out a yelp.)

He gave Eli a full exam and couldn't find any bumps, lumps or anything that seemed abnormal except for when he tried to turn Eli's head to the right, Eli would try to "fight" it. For now, he gave Eli some antibiotics that he'll have to take for 2 weeks, a shot of Metacam and a shot of cartrophin (spelling?). He also did some blood work just to be sure and to rule out anything serious. Eli is going back next Wednesday for another exam and a shot of cartrophin.

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and prayers...hugs to you all.

I hope he feels 100% soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Prayers and good wishes for Eli and hugs to mommy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greyhound_bug

The vet called this morning (on his day off) with the blood results and to check to see how Eli was feeling. Blood work looks good and even one count that he thought might be a bit low looked good.

Eli is still yelping when he lies on his right side and moves his head when he is going to get up...definately the disc in his neck is bothering him. Dr. Stewart said to give it another day (today/tonight) with the meds and see how he is and to call in the morning if Eli isn't feeling any better and he'll be sure to get him in tomorrow afternoon if need be and give him some stronger meds. Hopefully, our little guy is going to be better soon. He's so quiet, its so unlike him. :(

DH and I are both so worried about him. Our vet is awesome and has always been right before with everything with our guys so we are comfident that he knows whats going on with our Squirt, we just hate seeing him like this :( .