If You Could Spare Some Good Thoughts.....

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

Eli didn't seem to be any better tonight (or is it last night now?...I'm just getting home from work :rolleyes: ) so DH called the vet and we are going at 8am. Hopefully everything is going to be fine and Eli is just being dramatic but we can't help but worry. When I called home at supper time, I was so upset when DH told me how Eli was that I couldn't even eat my supper :( .

I'll update again after our appointment.

Prayers for Eli. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greyhound_bug

Okay, I think that Eli says a small case of "drama king". When I got home last night, he stayed in his bed (he and Simon actually traded beds for the night...Simon's such a good big brother :blush ) and I hardly heard a peep out of him all night...all 3hrs that I was in bed :P .

Anyways, when he got up, not a sound. He troted in the yard after doing his thing and was very excited to be going for a van ride. When we turned our last turn before the vet clinic, Eli stood up and was wagging his tail. :blink: Huh, definatly not the boy he was yesterday...our vet probably thinks we're nuts but how could we not worry when he was in so much pain yesterday?

Once we got inside, Eli was still wagging his tail and very happy to see all of the staff. Again, our vet did another exam and felt all of Eli's spine. He didn't feel anything but said if we'd like, he'd do x-rays. X-rays look good but Eli does have a bit of arthritis starting in his neck which could be causing the disc in his neck to become inflamed. He had to sedate Eli just so that they could get a good x-ray because Eli kept yelping because of the pain of them moving him around.

Eli is now on steroids and another medicine to "coat" his tummy (because the steroids could cause ulcers) as well as continuing the antibiotics.

We've been home almost 2 hrs. now and he hasn't moved from his bed. I think he's going to be pretty quiet for the rest of the day. I have to go to work in a few hours and DH will be back home shortly after I leave so the boys won't be home alone very long today.

Thank you everybody for all of your good thoughts and prayers for our little guy.... :grouphug

Guest Tenderhearts

Thanks for the update! :grouphug

When Toby had the acute flareup in his disc a few years ago, he was going through much the same thing Eli has been doing. His disc is lower in the back, and he'd cry when we would pick him up too.

He also was started on steroids in addition to a steroid injection (I think the oral pred was over a 2 week period.

We also started him on a supplement at that time called Vetri-Disc

and he hasn't had a flareup since (knock on wood).

Guest greyhound_bug

The little Squirt has been quietly resting. About an hour ago, he let out a yelp and I went over to him and when I touched his nose, he yelped again :rolleyes: . He did however, get up to go outside with no problems and decided that he wanted a Timbit. I've tried to get him to drink but he wanted nothing to do with the water dish so, I gave him a glass (yes, an actual glass) with some juice with water mixed in it. He drank a bit, but not very much but I figure its better than nothing at all.

Well, I'm off to work in a few minutes. I think that all of my boys are going to have a peaceful sleep. Its been a big day for all of them, even though Eli is the only one who went somewhere.

ELI-- are you related to my drama boy Beau ?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project