Girls Gone Wild

In the time it took for Milly and Isabella to run once around the backyard at Full Zoomie Speed, one bump and the fun turned ugly. In the time it took me to get from the edge of the patio to the rumble, it was all but over. Isabella got the first bite in but at the end Milly had her down. Milly got the worst part and is currently at the vet getting sutured. Thank goodness it is mostly surface tear and not full thickness rip. One layer of sutures will do the trick. I can go and pick her up in an hour and will update later. As Isabella is usually the instigator with these squabbles, she will now get to wear her muzzle for playtime. Reminder to all - even when you are supervising your hounds in the yard you still have to be vigilant.

100_1085a.jpg

100_1088a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest greybookends

It does happen quickly doesn't it? I understand completely. Sheana and Tasha got into about a 15 second squabble about a year and a half ago that ended up costing me $750 and it doesn't have to happen just in the back yard it can happen in the living room with you standing right there.

Youch! That's exactly why ours are all muzzled in the yard when it's playtime. They can get too serious too fast!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest savvyprchick
owie! hope she heals quickly :hope I would put muzzles on both

:nod If one is muzzled, the other needs to be... especially when playing. Both of mine wear them outside because it only takes one snap... even if it's a stray tooth and no one snaps, something can still happen.

owie! hope she heals quickly :hope I would put muzzles on both

Totally agree. Otherwise, the muzzled dog is defenseless if the second dog goes after her even if they are playing.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Please see Rememberence thread. Thank you

Leslie

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest act2redux

OOooowww!! that hurts just lookin at it!

As a newbie who hates the idea of ever making them wear those crummy muzzles again...what makes 'em "go there"?

Is is a breed specific deal? I have never had a squabble get as ugly as this, especially this fast!! Do you mean that y'all put that muzzle on them every time they go outside to yutz around in the yard??

Edited by act2redux

Guest savvyprchick
OOooowww!! that hurts just lookin at it!

As a newbie who hates the idea of ever making them wear those crummy muzzles again...what makes 'em "go there"?

Is is a breed specific deal? I have never had a squabble get as ugly as this, especially this fast!! Do you mean that y'all put that muzzle on them every time they go outside to yutz around in the yard??

Yes, I put muzzles on whenever they go in the yard. And it doesn't have to be a squabble that makes it happen. With such thin skin and no body fat, an errant tooth such as when they are running with their mouths open can produce a tear... and a small tear becomes a big one with thin skin.

I know mine play fight and stuff and if I didn't have muzzles on, I'd be going to the vet every other day. They aren't being mean, they are just being dogs. Unfortunately, most dogs can stand it because they either have thicker skin, thicker coats and/or more body fat.

Please see Rememberence thread. Thank you

Leslie

OMG... I'm soooo sorry. :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :grouphug