My Milly

rycezmom

Milly was at the vet this morning after her squabble with Isabella. The suturing looked wonderful, and she was doing quite well. As we were walking out to the car to come home with the vet tech to assist us, Milly's right rear leg shattered when she went to get into the truck. She was taken back in and x-ray confirmed tumor engulfing the leg. No warning, no symptoms, just this sudden devastating shattering. The x-rays were horrendous. Our options were discussed and a conference was held and the decision was made due to her age and previous cancer to not put her through any more misery. She came to us in November on the spur of the moment decision, sight unseen. She made herself instantly at home. She was with us such a short time but during that time she was loved and loved us well in more ways than I could ever imagine. She was sweet and wanted nothing more than to just cuddle on the couch. She was dignified in everything she did. She was tolerant of Gus and Bella and watched them with an amused expression on her face when they would act like silly hounds. In the ten months she was with us she settled in our hearts as if she had been here forever. I am blessed to have had this wonderful senior girlie hound come into my life. She made it better. Her journey to the bridge was gentle just as she was in life. I will truly miss her.

100_8729aM-1.jpg

millie1a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful girl.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Milly.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

NO... :( I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. Angel Milly you will be missed and loved always. I know her days with you Leslie were the best days of her life. Godspeed beautiful Angel Milly. :grouphug:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tiffyks

Oh no Leslie, I am so sorry to hear this. She is in a good place now and has many many friends she is playing with.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. May peace come over you.

Tiff

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling today. I hope that your precious memories of Milly will ease your heart in the days ahead.

Carol Ann

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.