Autumn, Goodbye My Sweet Girl

Guest crazy4greys

Guest crazy4greys

It is with a broken heart that I write this. My sweet girl Autumn has gone to the bridge. She joined her best friend, Phoenix, on this the 2nd anniversary of his passing.

When I adopted Autumn, I had only gone to the kennel to look because Phoenix was not happy being an only dog. When I got there, I saw this little brindle girl with a beautiful face. She was a month shy of 2 yrs. old. I knew she was the one for me. I signed the papers and paid the adoption fee. I walked her out to the truck to meet Phoenix. His tail started wagging and his ears perked up. It was love at first sight! I opened the back of the SUV and Autumn jumped in followed by Phoenix. That was the only time he ever jumped into the back of my SUV :lol . They were best friends forever and now at the bridge they will be reunited.

Her first night home she managed to steal pizza out of the box off of the counter. She also was not cat friendly. :eek Back then, we didn't cat test first. It took her 1 year to realize Oslo was her friend. That day, Oslo came out from behind the babygate and sat down and meowed at Autumn. She must have said, "This is my house too" They were fine after that, often sleeping together.

I am going to miss you prancing around the back yard like a deer, wanting to go out in the rain to play and just seeing those beautiful eyes everyday.

I am going to miss you forever my sweet girl. Tell Phoenix that I still miss him everyday and that I love him.

Goodbye my angel :weep I know you are now pain free and running through the beautiful fields with Phoenix. Until we meet again.

Winter2006051.jpg

scan0003.jpg

MemorialDay2007009.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KennelMom

:grouphug I'm so sorry :cry1 What a beautiful old gal she was...now another shining star in the sky.

Godspeed, Autumn...I know you are in good company at the Bridge...

Guest Mollysmom

f_yellow:bighugf_yellow

I'm sure Phoenix was with her at the end to lead her to the Bridge. Again, my deepest sympathies are with you during this difficult time.

Kristen

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Autumn. It's always hard to say good bye to a cherished friend. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your memories bring you comfort.

Run free, sweet Autumn.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest nerak254

I am so sorry. YOu did the right thing for her and I know how awful that is for you. I love the picture you've posted. It is easy to see how much she loved you.

So sorry for your loss.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:gh_run Run free at the bridge.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry, what a beautiful girl. :candle:grouphug Godspeed, run free with all the angels Autumn. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:weep I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl. She's pain free at the Bridge, running like the wind with Phoenix and all of our beloved angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. I think that Phoenix felt he had waited long enough for his companion and called her to his side. I can only imagine that beautiful reunion at the Bridge. :grouphug:f_pink Ok kids...send beautiful Rainbows...they are needed right now.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.