Neeed Some Happy Thoughts Tomorrow 8-1

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

ember cut her toe last week on, of all things, the leveling sand in my "patio pit" in the back yard. my help has been unavailable, and we havent put down the pavers yet. it had started to heal during the week, but my girlie got excited yesterday when i got home and decided to spin and get the zoomies in it, and tore it open again. the vet is gonna suture it closed tomorrow morning. she hopes to just need a local, and from how calm ember was....lying down on the examining bench...first one they said they had ever seen do that, she thinks it will be ok. if not, they will have to sedate her. i said if she needs knocked out, check her teeth and if she needs a dental, in the immortal words of jean luc picard, "make it so"....being that i am not a religious person, im just asking for some happy thoughts to be directed towards moorestown new jersey tomorrow morning while she gets sewn up and her nervous nellie of a dad frets and worries all day. thank u all in advance.

Guest SakiMom

Hey Dad,

Your girlie will be fine!! She is such a sweetie! I and my gang are sending good healing thoughts your way.

:wub::bighug:bighug:bighug And when she gets home, give her a :dogcookie from Saki and Crane!

Guest EmbersDad

just got back from dropping off my 9 yo girlie. dr g sez she is confident she will only need a local to get the sutures in. hopefully ember will not let her down and will not need a lampshade. ohhh the indignity, you should have seen the looks we were getting yesterday as they attended to her. i swear she has the entire staff convinced that they need to take her to petsmart for some toys and treats after the "ordeal" is over. thank you all again for your kind words. ill post back after i spring her later today.

Sending hugs and good wishes.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jettcricket

Your little girlie will be fine....try not to worry. Listen to me....I'm the biggest worry wart in the world. :lol But seriously she'll be fine. :)

Good wishes for Ember. Trust me, if anyone worries about anesthesia it's me so I know what you're going through! Let us know when she's home recovering.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending good thoughts and gentle ear scrithes to Ember. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest EmbersDad

well gang, your thoughts did the trick. doctor g just phoned and i can go spring my girlie. she is such a trooper and only needed a local. we are going to try it with no lampshade, but if she picks and licks at the bandages, well..lets just say that this old school genesis fan has some ideas :-)

first stop...lowes for a tarp

525b1ib.jpg

Guest EmbersDad

we are home, they gave her some tramadol and amoxycillin and she is zonked on her blankies in my room. ill try and get a pic of her bandages later, and on sat, when i go back to the vet for a bandage change, ill snap a pic of the wound and sutures. my wallet is lighter by $303, so hopefully vpi wont let me down this time. i also bought a tarp to cover the area right off the steps where the patio is going to be. doctor g said to just leash walk her and try and keep her calm for the next 10 days or so. tall order considering she goes nanners when i get home from work. leash walking shouldnt be a problem tho, but im sure she is gonna want to take her usual walkie with me after dinner which we may have to curtail the distance on for awhile. asked the tech if doctor g could come out and accept a hug from a bald guy, but she was with someone so that will have to wait till saturday. think i will give her a thank you card as well :-)

here is a shot of the boo boo foot, and "the look"....not quite stink eye....or maybe it is :lol

4lou5hd.jpg

Edited by EmbersDad