Neeed Some Happy Thoughts Tomorrow 8-1

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

well, we go tomorrow for a bandage change. i can tell she is on the mend because when i got home, she wanted to play and would not take NO for an answer. i am supposed to keep her quiet, but thats becoming nearly impossible :-) if i leash walk her in the yard, she wont potty, if i let her in the yard sans leash, we get zoomies. i simply had to take her for our usual after dinner long walk just so she could expend some of that energy. the tramadol was to be given "as needed for pain", but seeing how she was today,i figured she wasnt hurting and didnt give any. does tramadol make them stoned? if so, maybe giving 1 a day will keep her mellow per doctor g's request (they are 50 mg)

does tramadol make them stoned? if so, maybe giving 1 a day will keep her mellow per doctor g's request (they are 50 mg)

It doesn't make mine stoned, dude. It doesn't sound like she needs it for pain either. Why the heat hasn't zonked her out is the mystery. Mine are sleeping like babies lately. Glad to hear she's feeling fine, without the meds. ;-)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest EmbersDad

just got back from the vet. dr g did the bandage change, and said everything looked good. as u can see from the pic, it looks pretty ugly, and yes, she still wont stay out of the sand pit, even though i covered the area just off the steps with a 9'x12' tarp

4m7x18o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EmbersDad

went this am for suture removal, but ember had that covered last night. i came home from work, and the bandage was flapping on her paw, just being held on by a little bit of tape. i gotta say, it was funny watching her hop up and down, thrilled that i was home from work, but shaking her paw at the same time, trying to get the bandage off. upon close inspection, she pretty much removed the suture as well. had dr ian look at it this am, thinking i would get a stern lecture, but he smiled and laughed as he inspected her toe and give it a big thumbs up. its healed nicely, and most of the fur has grown back with just a small patch of pink, healthy skin showing.