Please Say A Prayer For The Loss Of My Mother's Beloved Harry

Guest Nutmeg1

Guest Nutmeg1

Though not a Greyhound, Mom rescued Harry the shaggy white mutt from the streets of Edisto Island, SC 3 years ago after he was brutaly attacked by pitbulls. Harry spent the remainder of his years as my mother's faithful companion and dearest friend. Thursday morning he died from a massive stroke leaving my mother in a deep state of grief. Please pray for her and for Harry to find his way to the Bridge. When he had known only abuse and horror, Mom came to him as his saving grace, and he spent the happiest time of his life in her gentle care. I have talked to her this evening, and she is not doing well. Please send whatever gebtle thoughts you can and I will let her know that others also feel her grief.

Thank you.

Run free, sweet, gentle Harry.

I am so very sorry! I will be praying for your mom that she gets the strength she needs to get throught this, it is a very hard time when I lost my Champ I went into a deep depression! Bless her heart! :f_red

Run Free Harry! :gh_run2

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:cry1f_yellow Please pass my condolences on to your mom.

Rest easy, sweet Harry..................

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug I hope someday your moms beautiful memories will help ease the pain. Harry is still with her, in her heart. :grouphug

Godspeed Harry :f_red

Please give your Mother my sympathy. Tell her to think about his time with her. She gave him good years. The last of the senior's poem came to my mind when I thought of how wonderful his last years were!

ONE BY ONE ...

One by one, they pass my cage,

Too old, too worn, too broken, they say.

Way past his time, he can't run and play.

They shake their heads and go on their way.

A little old man, arthritic and sore,

It seems that I am wanted no more.

I once had a home, I once had a bed,

A place that was warm, and where I was fed.

Now my muzzle is grey, and my eyes slowly fail.

Who wants a dog so old and so frail?

My family decided I didn't belong,

I got in their way, my attitude was wrong.

Now I sit in this kennel, where day after day,

The younger dogs are chosen and taken away.

When I had almost come to the end of my rope,

You saw my face, and again I knew hope.

You saw past the grey, and legs wobbly with age,

And felt I deserved life beyond this cage.

You took me home, gave me food and a bed,

And gently stroked my poor tired head.

We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low,

You love me so dearly, and make sure I know.

I may have lived most of my life with another,

But you outshine them with a love so much stronger.

And I promise to return all the love I can give,

To you, my dear person, as long as I live.

I may be with you for a week, or for years,

We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears.

And when the time comes, that God deems I must leave,

I know you will cry, and your heart, it will grieve.

And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new,

My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.

And I will brag to all who will hear,

Of the person who made my last days so dear.

Author Unknown

:f_white

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Snowy8

f_yellow:f_white:paw:paw:paw:paw:f_whitef_yellow

Oh that is so sad....I'm so sorry. Please give your mother my heartfelt condolences. I know her pain is deep, but maybe she can find comfort in knowing that Harry knew she loved him & her loyalty to him was what kept him going. He will send her a sign letting her know his journey to the bridge was a good one, there are plenty of pups & kitters there waiting for him.

I'm so very sorry for your mother's loss of her beloved Harry. :cry1 Blessings to her for opening her heart and home to a boy who desperately needed her love. May she always feel his loving spirit in her heart. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jeannejj

My sincerest sympathy to your Mom on her loss. May the memories stored in her heart help to bring her comfort.

Run free, sweet Harry.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Many prayers to your Mom for the loss of Harry. I hope at some point she can find comfort in the fact that she gave Harry the best times of his life.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Keeping your mom in my thoughts -- what a terrible sad shock for her.

Godspeed, Harry.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. :( Please tell your Mother that Harry is in the arms of Angels until he sees Mommy again. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.